Thread: Older Boema 2 group

Older Boema 2 group

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I was given this machine by a friend but it doesn't seem to have any markings on it that might give away the model. Any guesses?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkgivdzbpu35vg7/IMAG0614.jpg
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyczpflt86bs6if/IMAG0615.jpg

I actually meant to post this in "pointy end", I was having some trouble with tapatalk at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbadan View Post
    I actually meant to post this in "pointy end", I was having some trouble with tapatalk at the time.
    You did post it in 'Pointy End'. However, the price that determines which category equipment belongs in is based on the retail price when new. If it was based on the used price the same equipment would be posted in every category and people would have no clue where to look for info. Hence why I moved your thread to the 'Extreme Machines' forum.

Java "The Organizer" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    You did post it in 'Pointy End'. However, the price that determines which category equipment belongs in is based on the retail price when new. If it was based on the used price the same equipment would be posted in every category and people would have no clue where to look for info. Hence why I moved your thread to the 'Extreme Machines' forum.

Java "The Organizer" phile
    Oh right. Any guesses re the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbadan View Post
    Oh right. Any guesses re the machine?
    Not a clue.

Java "Sorry" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

pip
    Hi Dubbadan , it's the standard 2 group Boema that was still in production in Sydney around 15 years ago , possibly less. Standard heat exchanger boiler which is probably only 6 or 8 litres , and the groups are similar to the Bezzera commercial groups and use the same seals and the 45 degree lug (variant) E61 group portafilter .Internal pump , and level controller under the drip tray ( but well covered - to keep in the smoke ).
    Your machine has unusual bodywork though , being very similar to the Astoria 80s design , and there isn't normally a port on the right hand side at the side of the drip tray ; but the front stainless panels are stock standard .
    Incredibly simple to build , and with probably only 15 bolts in the whole machine , and the back panels that comes off with 2 nuts loosened , a good first refurbish project ( all the usual safety rules apply !! )
    Any chance or some internal photos - your machine is just a little unusual .
    And I had better go and scub some of the light rust off mine before a quick respray on satin black for the chassis.

pip.