Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rabelais

Thread: Rocket Giotto V3 - April fool?

Rocket Giotto V3 - April fool?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight

No it's for real, a number of overseas websites are currently selling them.

There's also a lot of comment online that a PID isn't of much benefit for a HX? Are there many other HX machines with PIDs?

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon View Post
    There's also a lot of comment online that a PID isn't of much benefit for a HX? Are there many other HX machines with PIDs?
    No- little benefit at all other than that a PID can act on temperature variation more rapidly than a pressurestat can. The PID will merely act as a digital pressurestat. The main influence on group temperature will be dictated by the anatomy of the heat exchanger and if/how thermosiphon restrictors are employed. The bits are far more exxy to replace if they go pop.

Our Izzo Vivi II is a similar machine. It performs very well. The Plus V2 does likewise and I anticipate that it will be business as usual for Rocket with what is more an effective 2.1 upgrade. We have no ETA at this point and I suspect that zig and zag may not be too popular given that not even Rocket have released any information about the machine (assuming it wasn't meant to be pulled at midday on April 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    We have no ETA at this point and I suspect that zig and zag may not be too popular given that not even Rocket have released any information about the machine (assuming it wasn't meant to be pulled at midday on April 1 )
    Zig and Zag are no more, it's just Zig, Zag has left the building. (If you're talking about who I think you're talking about)

So what is the advantage you get from a PID you cannot see? that's what made me think this was an April fool.
    russellm likes this.

TC
    We have confirmation that the machine has arrived in Australia and is now available.

Its more exxy (RRP $2999) and the changes are a higher quality and the PID/SSR. The PID is hidden behind the drip tray as per the pix. We have added it to our website and it's available for order.

Chris