Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By coffee_machinist
  • 3 Post By Vinitasse
  • 2 Post By nzcoffeetech
  • 4 Post By TC

Thread: Slow water delivery on Bezzera B2000

Slow water delivery on Bezzera B2000

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have the above 2 group machine, and the right hand group delivers water much slower than the other one. I live in a low water scale area, so that's not the problem. I was wondering if the flow could be adjusted, or if there was some sort of small filter between the boiler and the group? The mesh filter in the group head is clean, as I only changed the seal a few months ago. Thanks

Well, not a single reply????

Quote Originally Posted by lesjsin View Post
    I have the above 2 group machine, and the right hand group delivers water much slower than the other one. I live in a low water scale area, so that's not the problem. I was wondering if the flow could be adjusted, or if there was some sort of small filter between the boiler and the group? The mesh filter in the group head is clean, as I only changed the seal a few months ago. Thanks
    On the top of the grouphead there is a hex cap , under there you will find a gauze filter and a restrictor jet , scale on either will be the most likely cause of your issues.

See the exploded view - https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=be...ml%3B600%3B379

Thanks

Thanks Nzcoffeetech, but as I said;
    I live in a low water scale area, so that's not the problem. I was wondering if the flow could be adjusted, or if there was some sort of small filter between the boiler and the group? The mesh filter in the group head is clean, as I only changed the seal a few months ago

But, I will take this apart, just to see the flow is OK, so thanks.
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by nzcoffeetech View Post
    On the top of the grouphead there is a hex cap , under there you will find a gauze filter and a restrictor jet , scale on either will be the most likely cause of your issues.

See the exploded view - https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=be...ml%3B600%3B379

Snarky second guessing of FREE advice from someone with an implied high level of experience in machinery, when you clearly know little about it yourself? Way to create a good first impression. If you called me I'd go out of my way to be unavailable.
    Casa Espresso, TC and Trane like this.

The aforementioned gauze filter and restrictor jet are "...between the boiler and the group" and above the shower screen and seal you keep on yacking about.

Expert advice has already been given so you might want to consider actually looking at the parts diagram:

TC, Trane and lesjsin like this.

Regardless of how good your water ( or any filtration is ) there will always be minerals in the water , mineralised water in a boiler will always leave sediments to some degree.

There is no flow adjustment , you WILL have a blockage somewhere , most likely where I mentioned or possibly the inlet jets on the flowmeters.
    Trane and lesjsin like this.

Thanks very much for this NZ and Vinitasse, I WILL strip it and have a look. PS - 'coffee machinist' - I WAS NOT being 'snarky' (or 'sarky' - short for sarcastic - but I AM being now, and don't worry, I wouldn't be calling YOU out with that attitude), I was simply trying to eliminate things like lime scale, but as NZ has said there are other deposits - fair comment, and for that I am grateful.

TC
    Welcome lesjin,

So far, you're not making too many friends here.

Might I suggest that you take a big, deep breath and then start again?

It's best to leave a bad day and/or the attitude at the door as you enter. You're much more likely to receive the (free) assistance you need that way.

Point taken, sorry if I sounded a bit rude :-(
    Anyway, this morning I stripped the group head & cleaned it (it was pretty clean though, as I use Puly every night. I also took out the small metal filter under the nut on top. I doused it in a strong Puly solution for a couple of hours, re-assembled it, and it is now running at the same rate as the other group.
    Thank you for your help, it really IS appreciated.