Thread: Rancilio Z9 AT, 2 Group Lever Espresso

Rancilio Z9 AT, 2 Group Lever Espresso

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All

I have the opportunity to purchase a Rancilio Z9 AT, 2 Group Lever Espresso for between $100-$300. It is a rebuild project and I was wonder peoples thoughts. Will it be worth the heart ache trying to rebuild something that is probably the better part of 40 years old.

I would ld like to do it and just have it sitting under the work bench and work on a small piece at a time. No hurry to finish it as I have an Alex Duetto.

Also would anyone be able to provide or point me in the direction of the user manual / parts guide for the machine. This is proving the be a real pain the the you know what.

Any advice, as always, is much appreciated.

Regards

TOK
    Its only a personal opinion, but it is rubbish at any price.

You should be getting paid to take it away.

Cant be any more honest than that, and I fully understand that others will have opposing views.

I think this is probably in the wrong section but I'll say this. If you have any sort of repair chops, I think you'd be mental to pass this up. All the buts should be available from coffeeparts.

My boss has a single group 70s-80s rancilio lever (not sure what model) and I am trying so hard to talk him into selling it to me.

Sorry, I had this mistaken for an MG/L which I had seen here Rancilio MG/L Lever Classic

I would not pay more than $50 for it. Repairs and parts will cost a heap. They are not highly sought after in a restored state, so unless you love how they look, give it a miss.
    For $2500, working:
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-har...san-marco.html

I'd do it!
    if you are slightly practical or mechanically inclined rebuilding a machine is a very educational and rewarding experience. You'll also appreciate the sweet shot after all the hard work.
    It does depend on why your doing it though, if you think you're going to do it up and sell it for a fortune you won't - you'll probably be hard pressed to recover the cost of all the parts and theres no chance you'll make any money for your time. If you doing it because you are into working out how things work, and enjoy restoring an interesting piece of coffee history, you will end up with a machine that you can confidently repair and maintain for ever. There is loads of advice on how to go about the rebuild on this and other sites as well as lots of encouragement from like minded people.
    Id be happy to talk to you about my experiences working on the few machines that I have restored, or if you're in sydney you could stop by and see the couple of machines i am currently working on. Drop me a PM