Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By b9drinker

Thread: Low pressure in Cimbali M32

Low pressure in Cimbali M32

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My Cimbali M32 has been working great just recently and now has decided to throw a wobble.
    I have steam at the steam wand and hot water at the water wand and the pressure gauge looks healthy. But I have very low pressure at the GH.

I have just changed the pump (which when removed was very tight in comparison to the new pump), and the GH 3 way solenoid switch. There is little scale in/on the pipes.
    I have checked water input/outflow with the pump and all's ok. I have cracked the nuts of pipes going into GH and solenoid and there is steam and some hot water released.
    I have plenty of hot water in the boiler.

Completely baffled and frustrated. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

BTW, I do not have a PF gauge to test the GH pressure - not till Wednesday anyway.

Check you inline mesh filter. In the top of the grouphead. There will be a nut. Undo tjat and carefully remove the mesh filter. It will be completely blocked. Soak it in caffeto and hot water.

If this doesnt fix it remover shower screen and diffuser and activate your group. See how it flows.

If it flows nice clean ur diffuser and shower screen.

Wouldnt mind knowing how you go.

Spence many thanks for the reply - Will have a look. Will also let you know what the outcome is.
    SPENCE likes this.

Further update.

Pump worked ok, but still no pressure at GH. Boiler doing it's job boiling away. Plenty steam etc.

Took the GH off and noticed that the HX sleeve/tube was full of water - never been like that before.
    I then removed the allen nut shown in the linked photo below on the underside of the GH - inside it was very gunged up with cruddy coffee. I also removed the screw on the end of the GH (on left hand side in photo) and poked that through gently with some wire. Loads more crud.

http://www.home-barista.com/forums/u...inpeices_1.jpg

Reinstated GH, pump pumps but the boiler does not heat up. No steam, hot water or a dribble out of GH. I have water feeding into the pump and out of it. Pump carried on pumping and then got warm to the touch (not hot), the machine beeped and cut out. Apart from that, nothing - I'm flummuxed. Also, is there a reset button on my machine after it beeped and cut out?

On your element. Is there a probe that goes through the middle. It will have a wire attached to it. I will upload a photo. If you do follow the wire back to the thermal cutout switch (tco) push the red button. Should hear it click if its bern tripped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Descale that limescale.....

And questions are is your pump, rotary or vibe.....

Solenoid is replaced, should be fine there....

Pump is replaced should also be fine there...

Get rid of the scale, try again and look at the results....

If not yet there, i suggest a pressure gauge portafilter and an OPV (Over-Pressure Valve) valve retuning.....

Quote Originally Posted by RayTCoffeePro View Post
    Descale that limescale.....

And questions are is your pump, rotary or vibe.....

Solenoid is replaced, should be fine there....

Pump is replaced should also be fine there...

Get rid of the scale, try again and look at the results....

If not yet there, i suggest a pressure gauge portafilter and an OPV (Over-Pressure Valve) valve retuning.....
    Sorry for late mention but, since im a Vibiemme user..... Does your machine have an OPV (I think so, usually on vibe pump machines theres one to regulate the pressure from going to high.... with a vibe pump of course)

Assuming its vibe, if rotary theres a lower chance of having an OPV.....

Many apologise for not responding - work etc....

Well last week I whipped the HX out and found the boiler full of scale up to the elements. Also the probe you mentioned Spence was covered in scale. After disconnecting a few pipes, I had creamy water coming out. So it's being fully descaled now.
    Pump/motor work fine. OPV apparently working ok, thanks RayT.
    Although similar in some ways to Artmans Faema, mines a mish mash of Cimbali M32 Bistro and Faema E98 compast A1.

I will keep you updated.

Hi mate

Hows it all going??

Did you push the reset button??

I stripped down the machine and found nearly all the pipes generously full of scale. The boiler was full of scale up to the elements which were corroding and the thermostat was thickly covered too. I found a very reliable engineer who new the machine inside out - he stripped her down, gave a full descale, rebuilt with new elements and she's as good as new now. He was amazed how the machine was still working considering the large amount of scale ad the water pump on the point of seizing completely.

Coffee Parts | Faema Spare Parts - Motors and Pumps

My motor is similar to the Tronic Star E91 and my pump similar to the bottom pump in the picture. It used to have this pump:

Coffee Parts | FAEMA coffee machine | clamp ring pump 250lt but now has the 700049 flange pump.

Hurrah to that man!! Nice one Frank.

Spence, mine doesn't have a reset button......