Thread: Rancilio Epoca S1-Tank - need help!!

Rancilio Epoca S1-Tank - need help!!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

Newbie here, first time post. Hi everyone, & please be gentle.. :-)

I have a Rancilio Epoca S1-Tank, which I've had for 8 years or so and for the last year it sat in the garage. I recently decided to get it going again.

I was amidst a backflush when things went a bit awry. When I press the button, the motor runs, however nothing from the group.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Replaced 3-way Solenoid
    - Replaced Pump
    - Replaced shower screen & group gasket

... All to no avail.

The pressure gauge shows correct pressure, which I hope means the boiler is OK. Also the Steam & Hot Water are working fine.

I can't see any water leakage (or steam).

Is it possible that the limescale could be *so* built up as to block the flow out to the group head?

Any and all assistance is *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

did you work out the problem?

Hello Jason, I'm also new to this forum! Just wondering whether you sorted the problem your machine? We are having a similar sounding problem with our Rancilio Epoca S1-Tank - the motor runs but no water flows from the group head, and the boiler water level indicator light comes on and stays on. The pressure gauge reads as normal. Ours is a brand new machine and, alas, we are not technicians so I have no idea where to start with this! It has happened twice before. I re-started the machine and it seemed fine (not a very technical solution, I know), but it has happened again and this time it does not seem to be sorting itself out.
    We are based in East Africa, and voltage is notoriously irregular here (we already have a surge protector and are looking at a regulator), so we thought this might have something to do with it...?
    So - did you find any answers? or does anyone else have some suggestions.

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerexplosion View Post
    Hi,

Newbie here, first time post. Hi everyone, & please be gentle.. :-)

I have a Rancilio Epoca S1-Tank, which I've had for 8 years or so and for the last year it sat in the garage. I recently decided to get it going again.

I was amidst a backflush when things went a bit awry. When I press the button, the motor runs, however nothing from the group.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Replaced 3-way Solenoid
    - Replaced Pump
    - Replaced shower screen & group gasket

... All to no avail.

The pressure gauge shows correct pressure, which I hope means the boiler is OK. Also the Steam & Hot Water are working fine.

I can't see any water leakage (or steam).

Is it possible that the limescale could be *so* built up as to block the flow out to the group head?

Any and all assistance is *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason