Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Morgz
  • 2 Post By chokkidog
  • 1 Post By TC
  • 1 Post By Morgz

Thread: Beautiful dilema

Beautiful dilema

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Greetings to the snobbery, I haven't been on here much in a while. I've been browsing the posts and glowing reports of new machinery and have created a dilemma for myself. Don't feel too sorry for me, but the dilemma is this 😄 : I'm moving back to Perth and will finally merge my two coffee households. Do I keep the Duetto II, the VBM Domobar Super 2B or flog them both and convince Chris to sell me an Ambient Espresso Vesuvius? Upgradeitis has bitten me. Ouch!
    TC likes this.

TC
    Great problem to have Morgz. Perhaps you need to fly into Melbourne on your way home.

The Vesuvius? Amazing machine- but do be mindful that you already have two fantastic machines.

Safe travels.

Chris

what a dilemma indeed

if funds allow, just go for it. I'm sure you wont have to twist Chris's arm much to sell you one

+1 to Chris' comment re flying in to Melbourne, Morgz.

Take a look at the Alex Lever while you're there, it's the one I'd tuck under my arm, if it would fit. ;-)
    Dimal and TC like this.

TC
    Time for santa to pop one in your stocking chokkidog? I know a bloke who could sort that for you....
    chokkidog likes this.

Aaaaah ......... stop it!!!! You know I want one! :-D

To Chris' credit he hasnt twisted my arm :-) After reading a whole bunch of articles about the Vesuvius, and in the cold light of post-upgraditis day, I'm asking myself two questions: 1) Are my grinders up to the task of feeding this machine and not limiting it? Probably. 2) Am I good enough to get the most out of the Vesuvius? The answer to that is probably no, and if I'm being completely honest with myself I would have to admit that I have a fair way to go before I am consistently pushing out the best that either the Duetto or VBM are capable of. Does that stop me from wanting to upgrade? No, but it did make me pause over pushing the deposit button long enough to convince myself to wait a bit longer. I'm a one drinker household so I can't justify it on coffee economy terms but then again when did that stop any of us :-)
    TC likes this.

TC
    Two great machines Morgz. The only decision is which one to sell now!

The Vesuvius delivers big rewards for those with time to tinker. You do need to bring your "A" game though.

The balance will purchase plenty of browns to play with!

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Two great machines Morgz. The only decision is which one to sell now!

The Vesuvius delivers big rewards for those with time to tinker. You do need to bring your "A" game though.

The balance will purchase plenty of browns to play with!

Cheers

Chris
    That's going to be a tough call Chris, and I probably won't be able to make it until I've had them on the bench side by side. That reminds me, I sent you a message a few weeks ago via your website contact form. The PID on my Duetto II has a few dead LED segments. I assume I can just take it to Dimattina for repair? It's probably due for a service and general checkup anyway. Is this a common fault with the GICAR?

TC
    G'day Morgz,

Dimattina will look after you.

Cheers

Chris