Thread: La Cimbali M52

La Cimbali M52

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Good morning all,

I have just received a La Cimbali M52 that is not working and I am going to try get it back up and running.

Does anyone have a service manual for this machine? with wiring diagrams etc?

I have opened it up and have found two wires that have been cut possibly from someone pushing the back cover down on them and I am hoping this is all that's wrong with it fingers crossed!

If you can find more than this manual post it up!

Java "Yay for manuals!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Yeah that's the one I downloaded from here this morning, it looks highly doubtful as I cant find much information anywhere.

If I find anything ill be sure to post it

Promising signs, I took the covers off and there was a wire which was cut from what looks to be someone forcing the cover on. Soldered it back together and the machine powers up! Is there anyway I can test it without hooking it up to a constant water supply?

It should be able to pull water from a jug/bucket for testing.

Java "Have fun dialing it in!" phile

Thanks, I received some parts diagrams and another manual but the manual is for the M52 station if you want me to post them somehow

Respond to this post. Then you can post the files here: Documentation - Extreme Machines

Java "The more manuals the better!" phile

Respond as in write here then just start a new topic in the documentation thread or add it to the other m52 doc thread?

Start a new thread and if needed I'll combine them.

Java " " phile

Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    Start a new thread and if needed I'll combine them.

Java " " phile
    All uploaded now, thanks.

Nice docs. I've combined the two M52 threads and edited the title to reflect the additional docs.

Java "More late night reading!" phile

So I managed to free up the rotary pump and the boiler is filling but now I get the error group stopped 10 anyone know what to do about this? Looks l8kectge group is turning slowly

First thing I'd look for is anything interfering with the mechanism with the next thought being dirt and/or corrosion fouling it.

May I ask what your intentions are for this machine if/when it's working? For a number of reasons these machines work best in high use environments and for a snob would be horrible in pretty much any setting.

Java "Dolcevita" phile

I basically got this machine as a bit of a project to tinker around with. I have no intentions to use it at home as it is way too big, I was thinking I could get it up and running and then sell it to fund a better home espresso machine.
    What would a good condition M52 fetch on the market if I get it up and running?

There are several variations of the M52. All of them that I've seen require 2 different proprietary electronic 'keys' in order to have full access to all of their diagnostic and programming features. The last time I priced the keys I was quoted $USD1,000 for the two of them. Which is about what I've seen many of these machines sell for in working condition. In spotless as-new condition, with the keys and a warranty I've seen them go as high as three to five thousand USD.

Java "Fun with toys" phile

So I managed to free up the group and went to do a clean and noticed that the water hose was leaking. Went to pull the hose out and found that this thread of the top part in the photo has broken into the bottom part in the photo, would I be able to still source these parts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

La Cimbali is very good about stocking parts for many years after a model is produced. Give your local dealer a call and they will be able to tell you pricing and availability.

Java "Still loving his Cimbali" phile

amy
    i can email you scamatics (i work for a company that stocks cimbali)

La Cimbali M52 (here's a matching pic: Ammirati :: Cimbali Super-Automatic Espresso Machines & unlike one in the manual at the top of this thread...) Model purchased in 2001, still in operation.

Has 2 small problems:

A: it's stuck in a quad shot espresso, in the secondary grind/brew phase, and repeats continously.
    B: it intermittantly runs hot water through the hot water dispenser.

Searching for a SERVICE MANUAL if anyone out there has one.

I'm going to look at replacing the solenoid and/or relay for the hot water dispenser. But first, the machine is being UNPLUGGED for the night and plugged in, in the morning. Perhaps the cold reboot might do the trick.

** TIP: If you have this machine, you can enter engineering mode without the digital dallas keys by turning the machine off and switching DIP SWITCH 1, on the back of the mother board, behind the button panel. **

IMPORTANT!!! * * * You must have the machine OFF when switching this DIP SWITCH on / off. * * *

As there are multiple La Cimbali models called M52 for clarity I've split the existing documentation thread into 2 threads. One for the M52 that eventually became known as the M5 and the other for the M52 Station/Dolcevita. Yours is the M52 Station/Dolcevita. What docs we have for your machine can be found here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/documentat...-diagrams.html

Java "Fun with toys" phile

Yes, you are correct! It's the M52 Station/Dolcevita and weighs a ton! Thanks Javaphile for posting those, but I already have them in print. What I don't have is a service manual that technicians use. I'm seeking a service manual, I've done some service on it myself and been successful in diagnosing a problem, with just my personal experience and troubleshooting (no service manual). It was a clogged flowmeter valve, I forget where, that was a dozen years ago...

Now there is a problem which turned over control of the machine to a ghost. It's spookey and runs hot water on/off/on/off/on/off in random lengths, continuously. I'm guessing solenoid/relay replacement for that, any thoughts?

The main problem is that it's stuck in thinking it has not completed a 2 part grind/brew cycle. You can program it go brew 2 espresso's one after another, if you make these large doseage brews, it's like making 2 doubleshots (quad). It won't stop unless you turn it off.

Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry but I've never seen a service manual for any of the M52's, which is part of the reason I sold off my M52 Station/Dolcevita some 10 years or so ago.

Java "So many toys, so little time!" phile