Thread: Rocket R58 funky water

Rocket R58 funky water

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

I have a rocket a R58 which is plumbed in through a Brita c150.

The water coming out of the machine is tasting pretty strange. I can't describe what the taste is but is affecting the taste in the cup.

The filter is 10 months old.

i have pulled the mushroom out and inspected it, it isn't immaculate. But certainly wasn't bad. All the chrome is gone though.

Any suggestions.

Regards
    Bary

TC
    Hi Bary,

If all has been fine until now, I'd change the cartridge.

FWIW, Brita filters are not recommended in very hard water areas (High hardness/High TDS). If you're on the worst of Perth water, you really need RO.

Chris

Hi,

Thank you for the reply Chris. There is no info on the RO units on your site yet?

Could the taste be from crud/scale in the boiler?

Does anyone know if the bleed line on the Brita c150 head is the filter water? Reason I ask is this still tastes fine.

Regards
    Bary

Quote Originally Posted by BaryBC View Post
    Does anyone know if the bleed line on the Brita c150 head is the filter water? Reason I ask is this still tastes fine.
    Yes it is - the bleed line and valve is there primarily to allow the filter to be pre-flushed before running water through the machine, so the water from the bleed line has (mostly) passed through the filter. Some of it will have not been filtered, the proportion depends on the bypass setting on the filter head - the number represents the % of water that bypasses the filter.