Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Bezzera two group B2000,information needed,please...one and all.

Bezzera two group B2000,information needed,please...one and all.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello again,
    As I'm always looking for bigger and better (bigger ,in this case),I've come across a nice Bezzera commercial two group volumetric machine that may (potentially) take over the workload of both my smaller Bezzera /Boema single groups.
    The sticking point is this particular machine is in Melbourne (Oakleigh) and doesn't belong to me as yet!!
    I'm just putting this out there with the thought and hope some kind person may possibly consider helping me out with a potential pickup,allowing me an opportunity to collect ,eventually sorting it out (operationally).

Sadly this is presently on the big E site,although anything could happen before I get my hands onto it!
    Culminating this Sunday morning,depending whether I get a look in will decide where the two existing work horses head to ,if all of this goes to plan,both machines will be available to who ever has interest.
    This two group unit is listed as "Doesn't work" however,I'm happy for the challenge, may be serious a fault although one way or another I'll get it going,I can imagine it would be a good option!
    Just need a kind person to step forward (with some muscle and a spot to store it).
    Looking for that old fashion "helping hand".
    cheers,
    Mick
    Last edited by mulquemi; 5th September 2015 at 10:48 AM.

Another Bezzera!

Hello Again,
    Hoping for the best although planning for the worst, rather excessive perhaps however,purchasing used equipment unseen but for vague online images can be a anxious time.
    The machine in question is a model Bezzea two group Model Del 1901,listed as "not working",an interesting challenge to begin with!
    My reasoning so far is ,if in the event this machine is beyond redemption,parts are now available to support my single group machine as cheap insurance for future service/upkeep,if on the other hand and things are not as bad as described,well this could potentially be a good step up item in our staff work room.
    My ambition is to eventually replace both the single Bezzera / Boema machines with a suitable two group machine (ideally this newly acquired one).
    Anyone who has some dealing with model is most welcome to speak up,I need plenty of information about this model,what have you people got?
    Once I get this machine landed at the home workshop I'll begin again,as I have with the single group machines.
    Need you support.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 8.09.50 pm.jpg
    Last edited by mulquemi; 7th September 2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Add the image!

Hello again,
    Well the big E site has again proved it's unreliability,mucked up the instant payments option,ended up being a cash on pick up!! I should have expected no less!
    No group handles supplied with the unit,although can use the other Bezzera handles there.(will be on the lookout for some replacements)
    At this early stage I've not a great amount I can report on,machine is still stuck in Melbourne however,collecting this coming weekend,looking forward to the challenge.
    cheers,
    Mick,

Hello again,
    Bezzera are (in my opinion)beautifully designed and assembled coffee making equipment,this particular machine is no exception to that.
    Finally got this machine home and onto the work bench for it's make over.
    I have to say I haven't followed these previously,other then the single (above),pleasant surprise to find an internal rotary pump,tucked away nicely.
    The initial purchase/pickup, included another rotary pump as well,heaven knows what that came from....mine now,great!
    I have to remain patient as we are redoing our bathroom and it's been suggested that my priorities are not coffee related!
    Had a quick peek inside (discovered the internal pump) and noticed the loom to the element and control box has been disconnected,why?
    May be a failed control box or element or a combination of things...have to be patient!!
    I've also found the spare key (operate the panel lockable power switch),I've also got suitable group handles now ( another machine,another story).
    Things are moving along,too slowly although when bath room is finished.
    Oddly this machine is fitted with a 10 amp plug,could have been installed by it's previous owner as 3500watt suggests to me a 15amp is usual.
    Can't do anymore until my priorities are sorted!
    Cheers,
    Mick

Cool

"" I have to remain patient as we are redoing our bathroom and it's been suggested that my priorities are not coffee related! ""
    "" Can't do anymore until my priorities are sorted! ""

Who on earth would give you that sort of Mis-Information??
    Tell em ........ they're dreaming!

On second thoughts I just re read your post - maybe just take a rain check on the 'dreamin' advice.

Good luck .... oh and I Hope you (she) is able to sort out your prioritiies really really soon !

Hello again,
    Preparation for painting of bathroom renovations over this long weekend ,coffee machines etc remain on the back burner,so to speak however,my Bezzera purchase has taken a enthusiasm beating !
    Closer inspection revealed a missing control board!! Not a good omen,as replacement cost would be beyond my wallets capacity,still I must be strong and remember all the value in spare parts,I suppose.

Is there anyone out there with experience on this model who may know something about its operation etc,I've searched the internet thoroughly and found some pdf's of parts,no manuals that may explain things further.
    I'm yet to check distribution companies that list Bezzera support,will follow that soon.
    Otherwise things are great with my other machines bubbling away nicely at the work staff room,someone supplied blocks of chocolate (milk &dark),chocolate always goes well with a great coffee,don't you reckon?
    Mean while it's back to the painting!!
    "keeping the chin up" ,
    Just having a look around the insides of the Bezzera ,I've noticed there is no provision for measuring water flow and the button pads appear to have timing functions ,suggesting timed flow via onboard timers rather then actual flow measurement device (Gigar or similar).
    What I first believed as circuit board control may be a more simple terminal connection board,still researching this configuration,I'll see how far I get!
    cheers,
    Mick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mulquemi; 2nd October 2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Another thought! & info

Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 10.24.39 am.png
    Interesting confirmation.

Hello dear coffee lovers,
    This machine I'm trying to research is proving difficult,may I request assistance?
    Has anyone had any experience with this particular model ,regarding using or repairs?
    I have located some pdf's that display most components however,little else that leads me to particular internal parts I'm missing.
    Although a labour of love (coffee!),I'm still hopeful of one day getting this beauty to operate,with a kind persons cooperation,thanks.
    Model number B2000 ,serial number 920323.
    Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 8.09.50 pm.jpgScreen Shot 2015-10-02 at 10.24.39 am.png
    As seen (above) not a helpful illustration,doesn't show the actual electronic board.
    I've looked determinedly and unless someone knows where else to search,I'm a bit stuck.
    Helpful assistance and advice is always welcome.
    Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    sprezzatura likes this.

G'day Mick...

I guess you've already tried the obvious route - Calling the good people at Bezzera Australia? Or, Bezzera Italy?

Mal.

Manual is now available in the Documentation section: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/documentat...ded-views.html
    maybe that helps you a bit more.
    Last edited by Javaphile; 3rd October 2015 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Changed link to local one

Hello Dimal and Rolf,
    Thank you both for your prompt support,yes had called/contacted Australian Bezzera suppliers,weren't particularly interested in my woe's,Rolf and Javaphile,to the rescue...thanks ,that's great (where was that?) most appreciated.
    See how I go now that I'm on track again.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    Last edited by mulquemi; 3rd October 2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: typo

I'm sorry Mick, I thought you already had a copy of that manual...

Hope it's all good now...

Mal.

Dimal,
    Thanks for your reply,well ....yes I do ,I thought what Rolf and Javaphile replied with was a more thorough version including a operating manual as well! It turned out the be the same,oh well I'll keep looking and awaiting someone with some operational experience or literature (operational manuals/guides).Thanks to both Rolf and javaphile for their efforts though,most appreciated!
    I will begin by going right back (again) to the manufacturers and Australian distribution companies with the intention of seeking support regarding this model,persistance will prevail!
    Still enthusiastic and optimistic,determined as well!
    Cheers,
    Mick

Mick,

Dr Google is not a great help with this model I noticed.

Strange a USA shop has a Group 1 model control box (230volts) yet nothing for your Group 2.
    I worked out that a Gicar will be the unit of choice. But further info is lacking.

A couple of OZ catering & hospitality companies mention the model. Happy to pm the names for you?

I found the people at Bezzera Italy very helpful when I was looking for info, drawings and parts manuals for my old Bezz. I just had a look around now for the email correspondence but it seems to have disappeared into the ether unfortunately. Still might be worth trying various contact email addresses for Italy as that's all I did when starting out...

All the best mate...

Mal.
    sprezzatura likes this.

Hi Mick,

Your 2000 is one of 4 permutations of B2000 (semi-auto; auto: screen printed actuator, five pad, five vertical pad and yours - screen printed membrane).

The membranes will have ribbon cable leads that will plug into a basic PCB (Gicar 9.5.14.51.02 - basic because your machine probably has a RL30 (or 40) water level controller. Bezzera use these on some of their older machines and the Domus Galatea, etc.

So, good news- if the PCB is available it's inexpensive compared to others since it just transforms power and has an AV function, maybe a fuse to protect circuitry.
    Dimal likes this.

I'd like to research the lack of volumetric counter - no flowmeter?

The flowmeters should be hiding under the boiler - it's a pain to get to on some models. Gicar, 1/4" BSB, one will have an expansion valve system T ed in.

Sprezzatura,
    Sorry,just now seen your reply,thanks for your support.
    No Gigar or similar ,anywhere,they are fairly obvious and there would be two of them,one for each group head.
    Behind the button membrane is the ribbon cable which connects to a pcb ,mounted immediately behind the membrane.
    Three seperate loom (total of 11 connectors) are disconnected from the missing dosing control/part (including water level probe connection).
    Image of access cover ,missing part.
    Here is the rear view of the membrane button control.(looks to me the pcb has onboard timer provision.
    Can't help admitting that I'm pretty excited that I may be able to get this beauty operational,all help and assistance is happily and gratefully accepted.
    cheers,
    Mick.

Oh, hey! You've got a PCB integrated into the touch pad/membrane. So ... you won't find a PCB connected via ribbon cable to the keys (the circuitry is integrated into the group keypads) as you correctly noted.

In the image with the side of the boiler on the top left should be your pressure stat - the wiring from the contactor will include a wire to the p/stat and the other wires go to the heating element via the p/stat. Those female spade connectors hanging in the wind there on the left and bottom left will plug into a RL30 or RL40 water level controller which will be connected to a steel bracket or plate below the p/stat.

Perhaps 2 of the connectors will plug into the two water level probes on top of the boiler (Bezzera uses two).
    Last edited by sprezzatura; 5th October 2015 at 11:10 PM.

So, as long as the PCBs work on group one and two, it looks like you just need a water level controller. I put one in a Domus Galatea a few months ago - I think it was about $280.00

On the data plate (if legible) can you ascertain whether it's a B2000, B2000TP or B2000PM?

"Unhappy Bezzera"

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 9.42.53 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-06 at 9.42.37 pm.png
    Hello sprezzatura,
    Thanks again for you ongoing support,some more images from different machine views.
    I cannot see any provision for connecting the two water level probe leads,perhaps onto the missing water level controller.
    Interesting that you recently replaced one on another bezzera,the cost is a factor for me which I must be mindful, this project is a personal ambition to set up machine in my work staff room,to compliment the existing equipment.
    sprezzature,may I ask what is the device(s) I need to fit out this machine in my attempt to make it well again?
    Therefore I'm now on the hunt for a suitable alternative water level controller,ideally a used /functional unit.
    Thanks again everyone for the wonderful understanding and support.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 9.43.07 pm.png

Hi Mick, that's a clean machine! Looks great! Nice clean boiler.

The female spade terminals from each water level probe will plug into that missing water level controller.

An idea might be to ask Bezzera Australia if they have a dead machine with a suitable level controller? Otherwise, perhaps the CS community might have a dead machine with a RL30 sitting in it?

Unfortunately you have an unusable machine with out that level controller, Mick.

If I come across one I'll give you a shout.

sprezzatura,
    Thanks for that ,yes I'm underway cleaning up the internals,and I agree the insides are pretty clean when compared to some I've played with.Never had a machine without a water level controller,some were fairly dodgy but at least everything was there,I don't know the history despite speaking with the company who last serviced it (label).
    As expected they (service) don't bother keeping records after about twelve months.
    Presently doing what I can checking looms,connections and everything I can while trying to source a replacement RL30 (thanks for that).Internal boiler inspection next,have one of those cheap 8mm flexable camera things I can get into the boiler for a very thorough inspection,so far things are pretty happy,things are back on track with my enthusiasm again,though and that's good.
    Cheers,
    Mick

My guess is service company stripped that controller out if it was good. If it was bad, in the bin.

Dear Coffee lovers,
    Hopefully without stepping on anyone's toes,a small request!

Dear Lovers of coffee and coffee making processes,
    I'm in the progress of setting up another Bezzera coffee machine is our staff room at my work (school),things have gone well with a single group Bezzera and I also have a Boeme single group set up as well together with a small Saeco auto (for people who can't be bothered with the coffee handling.)
    This latest Bezzera two group unit was acquired from the big E (online),at less the $100,which was fine,no group handles, though I have them now.
    The problem is upon inspection for confirmation everything was good to go (before connection & energising)I noticed there was no water level controller!!!! What a bugger,well obviously was a problem for it's previous owner and the machines been made redundant and not bothered with (not sure why as they are great Italian engineering).
    This leads me to the point of my posting,I need another controller and I can't justify a $300 replacement controller,just hoping some kind person has a functional /second hand unit laying about in the box of bits & pieces I could have ?
    Happy to pay a reasonable postage cost + something for your efforts.
    The Beoma will leave to it's owner soon and I wish to have the two operational Bezzera's and the small Saeco do the coffee thing for all our lovely and dedicated staff deserve.
    What do you think ,do I have any hope "or am I dreaming".
    Cheers,
    Mick,
    ps,I have successfully "rebirthed" five of these commercial units (single up to three group) and all are very successfully providing great coffee experiences to their users,I'm both aware and careful to avoid ending up with machines that have only potential as scrap metal.I'm fortunate to have a day job that allows an opportunity to leisurely transform obsolescence to great value with minimum $$$ input,something commercial businesses cannot .
    Just need a little assistance from someone,like myself,who may have some gear about the place.
    Perhaps I'm a dreamer albeit dreams that come to reality.

Hello again,
    After some sound advice,I'm intending to secure a new replacement water level controller for this machine,as was suggested "minimum cost of machine can and does justify that a new controller be fitted" and I'll put in a call to our sponsor people to see what's available,also need a couple of replacement group seals.
    Once the controller is configured and happy I will continue detailing the adventures ,as they occur.
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Hello again there,
    This "re-equipping staff room appliances" ambition of mine is quickly becoming one of consolingly myself with a spare parts package,rather than setting up the operational machine!
    Australian distribution of Bezzera aren't in a hurry to assist,possibly have no stock,have communicated with Luca Bezzera (Italy)and he is yet to respond with positives!(it's difficult to go much higher then Luca).
    Calling all users (ex or otherwise) who may have possibly access to suitable and operational controllers ,which may be potentially available,
    to please step forward.
    Assistance would be very appreciated,hear from you soon.
    Cheers,
    Mick

G'day Mick

I just found / read this thread of woes.

Not likely, however Bo-ema used a lot of Italian bits so they are worth a phone call. I found them in Sydney a few years back - I needed some info on my RR45, a friend had a dead 2 group - fixed when I went through the connectors after a manual dropped in. At least they were helpful.

More importantly: that machine is a 16A (your label) and needs a 20A plug or you have just voided your school's insurance... Given the insurer's will find any loophole, I would recommend you also fit one (or at least a 15A with 20A fuse) to your house / workshop. Oh, and check the wiring - my La Pavoni 2 group melted the old wires at one house after a shonky "fully qualified electrician" fitted a 20A plug over the existing spaghetti wiring. Bloody lucky it didn't torch the place, but I have worked with electronics for years so I smelt it in time. Wonderful, that sweet burnt wire smell, especially when you cannot figure out where it is coming from...

FYI, my La Pav actually pulls exactly 15A at 250V at startup for well over 20 minutes, however now WA Voltage is 240V so it now needs a 20A connection. Be a shame to get your Bezzera going and repeat my bad.

TampIt

Hello everyone and TampIt,
    Many thanks for the concerns and support,most appreciated.One part of my role is to ensure any and all electrical appliances that are situated anywhere on the campus comply with all relevant regulations and especially where 1200 young students are involved,the risk is great enough when everything complies let alone if there are dodgy appliances in the mix!
    Anyway,back to the machine in question,things are at a bit of a standstill there,the machine itself is all shiny (same colour) and functional,ready to be connected up electrically once the controller becomes available.
    I'm currently researching ,that with the belief, other controllers are just as suitable afterall it's just a box of electronics that switches relays that activate solenoids/elements etc and I can't be bothered by it's ethnicity.
    Please be aware that this project is one of donation and not profit making venture,all users of the staff room benefit.
    New is my intention however,should that not be possible then functional/operational is the next best choice.
    Anyone with knowledge as to suitable alternative are most welcome to contribute to this challenge,with most respect and appreciation.
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Bezzera B2000 TE 2 group.

Hello everyone and a happy new year for 2016,
    I'm back again,sorting out this Bezzera B2000 TE ,volumetric 2 group machine and I'm almost at the stage I can connect looms to a borrowed RL30 water level controller.
    I was hoping for some helpful advice regarding the three (indicated) female spade connectors,the controller hasn't any provision for these,they are marked (by some service person) as T1,T2 & T3.The wires are coloured as active (brown) neutral (blue) and earth (green /yellow).
    I thought they may have provided power to the two separate touch pads,that's where they connect to anyway (in parallel).
    I have confirmed operation (and identified correct cables) of pres -stat,rotary pump,contactor and all solenoid's and the heating elements were removed and checked as electrically Ok,no evidence of calcium build-up,also removed and cleaned up the two auto fill probes,ready for their action.
    Should anyone reading this have access to a identical (or similar) water level controller,I need another as I will have my single HX bezzera without one, after this exercise,thanks.
    Again ,thank you for your potentially helpful advise.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    Bezzera B2000 TE.jpg
    sprezzatura likes this.

Hi Mick, here's a possibility: if I remember correctly you have the key membranes, yes?

If so, I believe the TE also had these harnesses to plug into the semi-auto version. They would need to be 230VAC. The membrane keys run off low power DC from the PCB. There might be a manual over ride rocker switch as well (like Boema and Expobar and others) that those three connectors plug into.

Hello again,
    Just back into this machine again,now have one available RL30 water level controller which I intend using on the Bezzera.
    Just need to have confirmed the voltage of the TE membrane pads,receive their power via three grouped leads (coloured Brown ,Blue and Yellow/green (Earth)),question would this voltage supply be AC 240 volt or 24volt DC ?
    I suspect the membrane PCB's receive 240VAC and convert to 24 vDC for the push button pad controls.
    However,I don't see any means (transformer) for the power reduction,relays on each (x2)are marked as 23.7volts DC.
    I'm still trying to source a schematic for the electrical system to confirm this however,proving very elusive though.
    Image is of one of the membrane PCB assembly,any assistance required would be appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by mulquemi; 29th February 2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: grammer

Hi Mulquemi

just looking at the picture can you advise the capacitor rating? because if is is ~300VAC and 0.47uF or larger it may be a captivate power supply and there is not a transformer. And the second question becomes what size are the relays? Because it is possible to operate 2 ( very small) relays from a power supply like this.
    sprezzatura likes this.

brettreaby,
    Thanks for you prompt reply,at work ATM so will confirm the above this evening.
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Brettreaby,
    Another photo of the membrane printed circuit board ,can't see any capacitors electrolytic or otherwise of any reasonable size,I believe more confidently now that the board is powered directly and via the loom (240 volts) rather then from the water controller module,as I originally thought.
    Would you believe this to be the case,happy to connect it all up and carefully observe its proformance.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    image.jpeg

Seems that there may be some components mounted from the back of the board too mate.
    Should probably check that out first before powering up...

Mal.
    sprezzatura likes this.

Hi Mick, that's a Gicar p/n 400608 Bezzera PCB 240VAC s/p in on the left of the image. The other side sports the five actuators that the membrane will touch when pressed.

... handy clip-in relay. Wish the common fail relays were so easy to remove and replace on PCBs now.

Hello again,
    Some explanation to the photo.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-29 at 8.21.50 PM.png

the markings on the relay are not quite good enough to read..... can you get a clearer shot?

Hello again,
    See how I go tomorrow,bit late now,thanks again for the support.
    cheers,
    Mick.

MZP A 002 48 10
    10 A 250VAC contact
    23.5VDC coil

Data https://www.gme.cz/img/cache/doc/634...atasheet-1.pdf

2 of these relays would require. 60mA current at 24V. so it must have a transformer somewhere to supply the 1.3w

Hello all,
    Wonderful news,really thought 24 volts DC was the place to begin,see what progress from then,that's what the numbered spade bits were marked as 1,2 &3 prefixed with T (for transformer) meant.
    I haven't touched things as yet,attending to domestic chores firstly!
    Mind you,I might get things connected and find the control pads both dead yet!
    Must think positively,again!
    Thank you to brettreaby & Beanz.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    Last edited by mulquemi; 1st March 2016 at 06:51 AM. Reason: opps wrong current!

Hello All,
    Things are on hold for the time being,the water level controller I had secured (still fitted into the 2 group Rancilio) intending to use it in the Bezzera.
    I just cannot put a lovely old girl/man machine out of commission just for the sake of one part,just wouldn't be right!
    I'll see if I can move it on (complete...but for two elements),to a new owner in a maximum 10 amp situation.
    On the hunt again for a used water level controller,anybody able to point me in a particularly correct direction?
    Hear from me soon.
    Cheer's,
    Mick.

Bezzera eventually!

Hello again,
    It's been some time since I've had any action with this project,finally acquired a RJ40 water level controller (from dead Boema 2 group) in excellent order for $50 , more than I was planning however,this machine was worth it.
    Have given up with the volumetric touch pads (for the time being) so I've fitted rocker manual brew switches for individual group activation as nothing was provided for any manual override.
    Well good news is the Bezzera is now operating,manually for the present however,volumetric eventually.
    One touch pad PCB didn't appreciate a small tickle of 240vac (2 resisters & 3 diodes RIP).
    One AC 24volt supply still to be sourced for eventual installation will sort that challenge.
    Thanks for the support and encouragement culminating in one operational and very reasonable costed Bezzera B2000 2 group espresso machine.
    cheers,
    Mick.
    PS: Thanks matt & Dismal,have had several extremely nice brews for this great machine!
    IMG_20161123_194203.jpg
    Last edited by mulquemi; 24th November 2016 at 07:03 AM. Reason: PS
    AlastairMcG, Dimal and matth3wh like this.

Good job with the project. Hope you get a tasty coffee out of it.

Hello again,Wanted to pass some of you expert coffee technicians another modification I've fitted to this Bezzera machine.
    I noticed the existing combination pressure relief/ anti/ vacuum fitting has constantly failed to release a vacuum during heating,.
    There was an additional capped outlet on the top of the boiler,this I fitted the female adapter to allow a short anti vacuum valve to be placed.
    Seems to be doing a good job of releasing the vacuum during heating now,is there any precautions I need to be aware of when continuing to this alternative.
    Cheers,Mick..
    IMG_20170326_180035.jpg
    Last edited by mulquemi; 26th March 2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: gender
    Dimal likes this.

Nope, it's what Bezzera recommend doing when the combination valve inevitably breaks down in one way or another.
    Usually best to remove the old anti vac fitting and plug it in case the o-ring completely fails and causes a leak.
    Dimal and mulquemi like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast