Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sprezzatura
  • 1 Post By Logga

Thread: Bezzera Mitica Top

Bezzera Mitica Top

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there, I have a Bezzera Mitica Top and I'm using the water tank and sometimes when I'm using it it stops and the orange light goes out, then a couple of seconds later it comes on again, this can happen when it's on and I fill the tank up or when I'm pulling a shot.
    Any one had this happen before.

Thanks
    Grant

Hi Grant, sounds like your water level sensor isn't happy. It can act intermittently if the tank isn't secure in its clips and/or the female spade connector is loose, off or corroded. Turn the machine off, unplug it, remove the tank, examine the screws on the left and right (secure), reinstall firmly ensuring its securely clipped in and refill with water.

Plug into power point, turn on and see if this helps. There are some other things to check but they involve electrical diagnosis.
    Dimal likes this.

Site Sponsor
    Agree with spressatura, check the sensors from the water tank

Regards

Renzo

Quote Originally Posted by sprezzatura View Post
    Hi Grant, sounds like your water level sensor isn't happy. It can act intermittently if the tank isn't secure in its clips and/or the female spade connector is loose, off or corroded. Turn the machine off, unplug it, remove the tank, examine the screws on the left and right (secure), reinstall firmly ensuring its securely clipped in and refill with water.

Plug into power point, turn on and see if this helps. There are some other things to check but they involve electrical diagnosis.
    Hi sprezzatura, had a look and it seems to of been the two screws that hold the bracket that holds the tank. all good so far, thank you for the help.

Thanks

Grant
    sprezzatura likes this.

I like that function of the Bezzera prosumer machines. Some machines use a weight-activated switch but I like the conductivity sensors.

I just got a Mitica Top too, and remember reading something in the manual about it switching off if there is low water. Perhaps take a look at the manual and see if something there rings a bell.