Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jaredw

Thread: GS3 and water bottle

GS3 and water bottle

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I finally bit the bullet and purchased a GS3. Apart from a few "fit and finish" issues i am in-love. The only thing that has me wondering is how much easier if i ran it off a bottle of water rather than the tank. I have looked over other forums on options but they all seem pretty US centric. Has anyone on this forum run their machine off a 15l water bottle? Could you share your experiences and most importantly what parts/brands i should look at or avoid.

Thanks!

Sorry I have no info but would love to see a photo of your love if possible,please.

htb
    My GS3 is running off a Flojet pump and a Shuflo water accumulator. What do you want to know?
    What fit and finish issues are you unhappy with?

Many people on here run their systems out of a bottle with the Flojet system being very popular.

Java "Pump it up!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    Many people on here run their systems out of a bottle with the Flojet system being very popular.

Java "Pump it up!" phile

Yup. This is what i am seeing. Was hoping to get some experienced advice on people who are doing it. Rather than having to go in blind and make a bunch of mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeanGenii View Post
    Sorry I have no info but would love to see a photo of your love if possible,please.

Soon soon. It is a bit of a mess at the moment as i haven't found a proper home for it just yet.
    GreenBeanGenii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredw View Post
    Soon soon. It is a bit of a mess at the moment as i haven't found a proper home for it just yet.
    Oh yeah!

Totally understand. Have a whole row of cupboards that will be sacrificed for the new machine next year.

The Eagle needs clear height.

TIA

A Flojet works well, just make sure you get an accumulator tank as well otherwise the pump will pulse during the shot which is no good.

Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    A Flojet works well, just make sure you get an accumulator tank as well otherwise the pump will pulse during the shot which is no good.
    Thanks! Just the type of advice i was after. Was also thinking of an inline filter do you use one?

Blog Entries
    Curious why would you use a filter on filtered water?

Quote Originally Posted by jaredw View Post
    Thanks! Just the type of advice i was after. Was also thinking of an inline filter do you use one?
    As long as you're buying bottled water, which is majority free of impurities, you won't really need a filter.

If you're filling up the bottles from the tap then I would probably advise using a filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Curious why would you use a filter on filtered water?
    I don't own a car. So having the filter would save me on delivery costs.

Hi Jaredw, would I be right to assume you will use tap water in jerry can or other similar water container?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
    Hi Jaredw, would I be right to assume you will use tap water in jerry can or other similar water container?
    That is my current plan. Buy 1 15l jug and then just fill that up from the tap. Happy to be persuaded otherwise.

Get in touch with site sponsor closest to you they will help with your requirement. I know Chris from Talk Coffee has everything you will need to make your set up work (e.g flojet, filter), enjoy your GS3

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
    Get in touch with site sponsor closest to you they will help with your requirement. I know Chris from Talk Coffee has everything you will need to make your set up work (e.g flojet, filter), enjoy your GS3
    Thanks. Might shoot him an email. I am going to be in Melbourne in the coming weeks. Should save on shipping.