Thread: La Marzocca GS3

Smile La Marzocca GS3

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am considering upgrading from an ECM Technica to the La Marzocca GS3. Any advice or opinion regarding this machine would be appreciated. What are the advantages/disadvantages of AV or MP operation.

I've had mine for over 6 months, great machine no regrets at all
    I have the MP but to be honest I rarely use pre-infusion, having said that I would buy MP all over again just because of the "feel" rather than pressing a button.

Thanks for that, I've read that the MP version performs best if it is plumbed in, I would be using the AV model

TC
    Either version will deliver excellent performance regardless of whether plumbed or not.

The MP will preinfuse at line pressure (ie slowly but it will do it) whereas the AV allows for a pump driven preinfusion.

I'm sure that most here will agree that once you have had a paddle LM, you'd be unlikely to revert to an AV.
    Last edited by TC; 14th December 2015 at 10:52 AM. Reason: tpyo

Have been lurking around on and off. Started with an Isomac Tea for 2 years and then sold that and upgraded to the GS3 MP. Choose it for the preinfusion and just feels better (psychological!). But isn't the experience of making a good cups both a physical and mental experience?

Been using the GS3 for the last 3 years. Beautiful machine and would buy it again in a heartbeat..... Had actually used the Slayer and could not justify the price difference. Both make excellent coffee. The Slayer is an art piece on top of it all.
    Nolbee, you won't regret getting it.

This may appear biased as I have had to give up Coffee the last 6 months ��������. and my baby is going to be put on the market today ������ ... Been asked by the finance minister.....
    If have any questions PM me. Enjoy the journey..... Th GS3 will make you happy

JM
    GS3 is for life. Got ours in 2007 (if not before) and it's been a blast. As LM's are everywhere, parts and service is easy - this is not a niche brand after all, so you can have confidence about parts and expertise anywhere in the country really (true of many brands of course, but LM ticks all these boxes)