Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By noidle22

Thread: Water Pump

BFY

Water Pump

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey all

Wanting to look at ways to supply water to my coffee machine ones it's mounted on the coffee cart.

Would a pump such as the below work?

Thinking of using a caravan style water tank, this pump will then supply water pressure to the coffee machine

eBay link removed per Site Posting Policy
    Last edited by Javaphile; 21st December 2015 at 01:35 PM. Reason: eBay link removed

BFY
    Oops wrong link haha

eBay link removed per Site Posting Policy
    Last edited by Javaphile; 21st December 2015 at 01:35 PM. Reason: eBay link removed

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by BFY View Post
    Oops wrong link haha
    They're all wrong...

The one you meant to use was this one..http://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-har...icy-rules.html

BFY
    Ah huh... What if I copy and paste the description is that allowed?

BFY,
    Hello there,links you provided may be Ok to pump water for watering a garden from stored/tank water (you would need both together),you might consider something like this concept.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53rPwkhDRVs
    Sponsor's would be able to assist.
    Hope that helps,
    Cheers,
    Mick.

TC

BFY
    Yeah found the flojet pump. I'll get one of those. Would 15l of water last long for making coffee?
    Also need to work out keeping milk cold in a small space. Esky with ice might work haha

Perhaps before purchasing a pump, might be worth seeing if raising the storage tank above the pump provides enough suction head? Provided it is practical to do so.

Hi, we found the 240 Volt Escaping Outdoors coffee cart pump to be very reliable. It is 40 PSI and 17lpm. We teamed it with an accumulator tank to reduce cycling and Plastimo bladder and this has worked very well for us.

I've used a Flojet pump in my church coffee cart for almost two years now. The first one burnt out when some of my volunteer team didn't realise there was air in the water line when switching bottles and the pump ran for too long and busted the overpressure switch. Second one is working absolutely fine though.

I'd say each 15L water bottle is easily sufficient for about 60-70 cups of coffee (each of my coffees are double shots) being a mix of milk coffees and long blacks.

I usually have two 15L bottles, one filled and on standby - just be careful to ensure that when you switch bottles, there is no air in the water line when the pump kicks back in and that the stick in the bottle doesn't jam the floating switch "closed" as this switch safely cuts off the pump when there is not enough water.

Curious - what's the reason for needing to provide a pump at all? Preinfusion? Different pump curves?

The reason I ask, is that information I've seen from Procon and Fluid-o-tech indicates their rotary pumps will happily lift water a metre (although, I haven't seen the NPSHR fot these).

Some machines work fine without inlet pressure, some don't.
    I suppose it's just something that guarantees it will be ok.
    I think people are also sold the flojet idea when they set up the system so just go with it.

A client has a caravan and a San Marco 85E running straight off water bottles under the bench. Works fine with no problems.

Interestingly, i restored an old San Marco 85E i think it was a few years ago for use in a church coffee cart. It had the main pump mounted externally.
    The pump sits under the machine with a non return valve on it and it's running fine off a bottle.
    sprezzatura likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    Some machines work fine without inlet pressure, some don't.
    I suppose it's just something that guarantees it will be ok.
    Could it perhaps just be that the bypass valves need to be adjusted? I understand some pumps are fitted balanced bypass valves and some aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    I think people are also sold the flojet idea when they set up the system so just go with it.
    It certainly looks like that may be the case...