Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: ECM Synchronika

more than happy with the Pesado one i got from you, feels so nice in the hand to use

Hello does anyone know which basket 21gram fits the ECM group head as I can't fit one with any handle!

Time for you to upgrade to a naked portafilter mate large baskets generally won't fit in your portafilter. I have a 20g VST that fits my spouted portafilter that I can overdose to 21g if I feel like it though.
    Dimal, Magic_Matt, kbc and 1 others like this.

I have a Pesado that fits the ECM pf nicely; although its nominal volume is 20g I've found it's underdosed at that weight and will easily go to 22g.

The ECM triple that came with the naked pf is just massive!
    kbc likes this.

Can anyone tell me if the Controvento offers anything over the Synchronika except design and more weight? Thanks

Well the design differences aren't passive - things like the angled cup warmer tray and the width you have on the machine will change the way you go about using it. Otherwise, I recommend either hitting up the search bar, or looking at the manufacturer's website for internal differences. They've been discussed here.

kbc
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the Controvento offers anything over the Synchronika except design and more weight? Thanks
    Specs are close. Boilers and lots of the internals are the same.
    The main difference with the Controvento is the body with advantages including a full stainless chassis, quality fittings, big cup warmer, big drip tray and the obvious "Cafe" machine looks.
    Both machines are great.
    Cheers - Paul

kbc
    Hi Guys,
    What a time for DB lovers. There are so many to choose from now.
    If you have your eye on the ECM Synchronika I have a new package. One with the lot.

Full details are here: www.kbean.com.au/specials
    Dimal and Magic_Matt like this.

Red face

LM Linea Mini is a fine piece of art that looks even better on the bench.....pours a great drop as well
    Best decision I ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Yes and no...

Personally, I can't live with another square box, so that rules out square boxes including ECM stuff. Synchro for me? Sorry, but I see the whole chook, not the feather. Disrespectfully, it's a bimbo machine. As they say, it's in the eye of the beholder and that's what mine beholds...

One of the advantages of LM gear is that once they are up to pressure, they are ready to roll. This is 10 (Linea mini)-15 (GS3) minutes rather than the 30ish for e-61 gear and 45ish for spring leva groups (unless the design includes cartridge heaters). In addition, make a temp change via the PID and you see it pretty much immediately in the Linea mini and very rapidly when compared to e-61. I think we'll see many more Linea mini style groups from a whole heap of manufacturers in the not too distant future as they deliver a truckload of positives with very few negatives.

Steamwise- LM blows the others (literally) out of the ball park... Many also love the native ability to program the GS3 to turn itself on and off as well.

As always, it comes down to matching yourself to the right machine for you.
    Dimal likes this.

kbc
    Quote Originally Posted by DB79 View Post
    LM Linea Mini is a fine piece of art that looks even better on the bench.....pours a great drop as well
    Your modded LMLM is a real beauty. Enjoy
    DB79 likes this.

Love my machine so much that I talked my mate into buying one, again Paul has gone above and beyond.
    Magic_Matt, matth3wh and kbc like this.

kbc
    Quote Originally Posted by bowser View Post
    Love my machine so much that I talked my mate into buying one, again Paul has gone above and beyond.
    Thanks Wayne. I'm sure Mark will enjoy the package. I have 2 Synchronika's being bench tested right now to ship out tomorrow. The ECM combo meal deal is a good one. I'm glad Mark added the fries (tamper, bottomless PF, IMS basket, IMS shower screen, etc). Looks like another guy will upsize and take an ECM Titan in place of the ECM S-64.
    Cheers, Paul
    0416528339 www.kbean.com.au
    Magic_Matt likes this.

I was told by the importer today that there are only Half a dozen Synchronikas available until November shipment. We have ordered two today for stock along with some surprise grinders to match them.....

what thread is the plumbed in water inlet again? is it 3/8 NPT thread? can't remember what i bought last time and need to get another

Quote Originally Posted by Casa Espresso View Post
    I was told by the importer today that there are only Half a dozen Synchronikas available until November shipment. We have ordered two today for stock along with some surprise grinders to match them.....
    A splash of colour maybe?
    Casa Espresso likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by readeral View Post
    A splash of colour maybe?
    More shades I would say....

Mythos 1 in WHITE
    Mythos 1 in BLACK
    Macap M4D in BLACK
    Macap M4D in WHITE. A special order from Italy and our demo grinder, time to move.
    Mazzer Super Jolly Electronic with short hopper

Cheers

Casa Espresso
    Last edited by Casa Espresso; 22nd September 2016 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling

My friends set-up he got from b
    Attached Images Attached Images
    kbc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bowser View Post
    My friends set-up he got from b
    How divine...

WME
    Wow, that view is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by WME View Post
    Wow, that view is amazing
    Yeah, the seas looks nice too

WME
    Quote Originally Posted by magnafunk View Post
    Yeah, the seas looks nice too
    Haha nice 👌👌

Lake Macquarie NSW

kbc
    Nice combo & V. nice view. The bling is on the way.
    Cheers, Paul

Check out this beauty

brettreaby, Dimal, Logga and 7 others like this.

Damn. I'm definitely getting my Technika powder coated once the Stainless gets sufficiently scratched up! Black is HOT.
    Dimal, oliverm and WME like this.

That black looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    I love this one....
    I agree Paul, it is a great looker, sadly, like a black car, it will show every little mark, bugger to keep clean.

I love the look of a clean black car, however would never own one.

FWIW, I love that the silver panel is retained on the ECM powder coated effort. The contrast of steel shine and matte is real nice. With the inset of the wood, rather than the shiny black handles, adding that extra bit of colour and visual interest without being overbearing, it just makes the whole set up. It's definitely appealing to this aesthete, but obviously, just my opinion.

If I were getting a Rocket, I reckon I'd probably stick to the bog standard "just like it looks on the tin" version, or go for a contrast like that ECM, although I don't think it'd work as well given the way the side panels attach. (The fact that they don't line up with the top has always bothered me, and a shiny front panel would probably make it super obvious.)

The Giotto looks too stealth with the whole thing black, not my cup of tea, but I get that some people love that. I reckon if the goal is stealth, it'd be worth going the whole way and considering some sort of matte valve handles as well just to perfect the whole look. Shiny black and matte black on the same machine is kind of weird.
    Last edited by readeral; 19th October 2016 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by readeral View Post
    FWIW, I love that the silver panel is retained on the ECM powder coated effort. The contrast of steel shine and matte is real nice. With the inset of the wood, rather than the shiny black handles, adding that extra bit of colour and visual interest without being overbearing, it just makes the whole set up. It's definitely appealing to this aesthete, but obviously, just my opinion.

If I were getting a Rocket, I reckon I'd probably stick to the bog standard "just like it looks on the tin" version, or go for a contrast like that ECM, although I don't think it'd work as well given the way the side panels attach. (The fact that they don't line up with the top has always bothered me, and a shiny front panel would probably make it super obvious.)

The Giotto looks too stealth with the whole thing black, not my cup of tea, but I get that some people love that. I reckon if the goal is stealth, it'd be worth going the whole way and considering some sort of matte valve handles as well just to perfect the whole look. Shiny black and matte black on the same machine is kind of weird.
    For me the contrast of the ECM looks great, the Rocket a little too much black for my liking.

ECM do a factory version of white side panels and stainless front now.
    kbc likes this.

I have a ten year old ECM Giotto and looking at updating soon. Love the Synchronica, how does it stack up against La Marzocco's Linea Mini ? Am in a quandry trying to decide between the two machines

Nice setup, that 😉👌

It's funny how a lot of the e61 machines look so similar yet differ in the details significantly if you look closely. Eg I just noticed the black (chassis ?) extending to the front of the machine with tapered corners, and tapered tops to the side panels. Nice.

Also the dial graphics look cool, reminds me of some car dials.

Cheers
    Magic_Matt and kbc like this.

Talking

This year Santa came to our place via @K_Bean_Coffee 's workshop. He somehow managed to load these two beasts into the sleigh and squeeze them down the chimney for us.

ECM Synchronika + V-Titan 64. Seems to be a popular combo around here, so Santa seems to have chosen well.

Lots of shiny espresso-enabling goodness, and I'm looking forward to making the most of it!

Thanks Santa! Thanks K_Bean!

Very nice, Gundy. Enjoy.
    kbc and gundy like this.

I don't normally go for the standard box prosumer, but the Synchronika looks fantastic. Congratulations Gundy!

FWIW, I love that the silver panel is retained on the ECM powder coated effort. The contrast of steel shine and matte is real nice
    Readeral, you've echoed my thoughts exactly. I even love the addition of the wood portafilter handle (what wood is it?), and I don't normally like the look of stainless steel paired with wood. But overall I think it's the matte black which pulls the style together.

The Giotto looks too stealth with the whole thing black, not my cup of tea, but I get that some people love that
    Read my mind, again. To my eyes, it almost reminds me of an international arms dealer's deathly chic, portable mini bank vault. And I love that look, I just can't square it away with the same widget that makes my morning coffee.

...sadly, like a black car, it will show every little mark, bugger to keep clean
    Indeed, but I doubt keeping a black e61 clean would remotely be of the same magnitude as keeping a black car clean. An espresso machine is forever in the still/sitting position, whereas a car is often in constant motion, picking up dust and bird shit and other crap from its surroundings.

Much less surface area too. A quick 30-second wipe with a rag and a bitta' Windex once a week would have it in ship shape!

Speaking of which: is it possible to get an espresso machine purely in black stainless steel (as opposed to matte black), with the same level of shininess as regular stainless steel? That is something I'd love to see.
    Last edited by BalthazarG; 27th December 2016 at 10:11 PM.

Lately I have noticed my actuator arm has been getting real stuff to operate. Got the better of my so I pulled it apart today and greased up the seals and the little cam unit. Works better than new now😎😎
    kbc likes this.

"actuator arm" = tech speak for lever, or perhaps the arm/hand right or left, that is used to move the lever.
    Magic_Matt and kbc like this.

I know my actuator arms are both overdue for a service... actually most moving parts could do with overhaul/replacement 😂
    Yelta likes this.

What is the different between the grinders ECM S64, Profitec pro T64 and Titan 64? Except the design I want to but a ecm synchronika with profitec t64 but my dealer have great offer ecm synkronika with ecm s64.

Quote Originally Posted by sancar View Post
    What is the different between the grinders ECM S64, Profitec pro T64 and Titan 64? Except the design I want to but a ecm synchronika with profitec t64 but my dealer have great offer ecm synkronika with ecm s64.
    Between the S64 and T64 - aesthetics and the cone vs spout. I initially went for the S64, but didn't like the lack of access to the grind path (the spout is built in).

The V-Titan has the same cone as the Profi T64 and gains titanium burrs and metal grind adjustment gear - both superfluous in a domestic environment really. I preferred the aesthetics enough to justify the cost to myself, and since I don't have to justify it to anyone else I upgraded without regret

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Matt View Post
    Between the S64 and T64 - aesthetics and the cone vs spout. I initially went for the S64, but didn't like the lack of access to the grind path (the spout is built in).

The V-Titan has the same cone as the Profi T64 and gains titanium burrs and metal grind adjustment gear - both superfluous in a domestic environment really. I preferred the aesthetics enough to justify the cost to myself, and since I don't have to justify it to anyone else I upgraded without regret
    So you prefer Titan 64 between this three grinders? Size is it big different between S64 and Titan 64?

So you prefer Titan 64 between this three grinders? Size is it big different between S64 and Titan 64?

A mate got a S64, i used it a few times but much rather my Macap M4D, is easier to use and i find the grind is better
    sancar likes this.

I do, but it's really just looks over the Profitec. Functionally it's practically identical save for some minor things like the single button above the portafilter rest.

I felt the ECM grinder looked out of place next to my Synchronika, which admittedly is a biggish machine. Maybe just because the grinder it replaced was as tall as the S64 without its hopper fitted... also didn't like the boxy look of two square shiny things. The curves on the Titan offset the boxiness of the machine somewhat.

The Titan does look stunning next to a polished SS machine IMO and the 1950s styling suits my aesthetic 😎
    sancar likes this.

I do, but it's really just looks over the Profitec. Functionally it's practically identical save for some minor things like the single button above the portafilter rest.

I felt the ECM grinder looked out of place next to my Synchronika, which admittedly is a biggish machine. Maybe just because the grinder it replaced was as tall as the S64 without its hopper fitted... also didn't like the boxy look of two square shiny things. The curves on the Titan offset the boxiness of the machine somewhat.

The Titan does look stunning next to a polished SS machine IMO and the 1950s styling suits my aesthetic 😎
    I can agree with you the look of titan is great with the machine. But I don't know if titan is to big for the kitchen

Sorry for my bad English I am from Sweden

I can agree with you the look of titan is great with the machine. But I don't know if titan is to big for the kitchen

It's pretty kitchen-friendly about the same height as the machine. It doesn't take up much more space than the other two - just looks more balanced.

No worries, your English is fine - certainly a lot better than my Swedish
    BalthazarG likes this.

It's pretty kitchen-friendly about the same height as the machine. It doesn't take up much more space than the other two - just looks more balanced.

No worries, your English is fine - certainly a lot better than my Swedish
    Thank you for the answer I appreciates it.
    Magic_Matt likes this.

Your English is fine Sancar, in fact a few regular posters would do well to take lessons from you.

Welcome to Coffee Snobs.
    Magic_Matt, JWILL and LFM60 like this.

I know my actuator arms are both overdue for a service... actually most moving parts could do with overhaul/replacement 
    Morning Matt,

I can identify with your sentiment.

Magic_Matt likes this.

Hi anyone on this thread still who has a Synchronika. Mine arrived today and a lot to love. I have found the steam production to be somewhat lacking compared to my previous rocket giotto. Ive turned them boiler temp up to 128 but no real change. Any ideas? Thanks
    Steve

We have always found the Synchronika a really good steam producer.

I certainly wouldn't expect it to be lacking, particularly when you are comparing it your previous Rocket Giotto.

I am assuming it has come shipped with the standard tips?

Your first port of call should be back to your retailer for a check over

Cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    Dimal likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast