Thread: Cimbali Junior D Cold Flush problems

Cimbali Junior D Cold Flush problems

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,
    I have a little problem with my plumbed in Cimbali Junior D.
    My machine is permanently switched on and the brew pressure is 9 Bar (checked).
    Since a few months ago, when I didn’t use the machine for a few hours and did a cold flush, only by the second flush, did the water came out. However the Ulka pump worked from the start. I opened the machine and found a leak by the level glass. I changed the 2 EPG gaskets (no Viton available), and the problem was virtually solved. Next day the problem started again, and no leaks by the level glass. I descaled the group solenoid and changed the little O rings (Viton). But the problem persists.
    Does someone (perhaps Super Moderator Javaphile…) have an idea what the problem is could be?
    Cheers and thanks in advance.
    Rodrigo

Yes im suffering a similar issue after the machine is idle for a while... im keen to read the responses..

Well, where are all the Cimbli Junior connoisseurs? So to see I'm not the only one with this problem!
    Cheers, Rodrigo

Can you isolate and test your pump to ensure it is pumping water as soon as it is powered?

Is there a solenoid that shuts the plumbed water off when the machine is off that then opens when the pump kicks in? Maybe that is sticking?

I dont see how a leak in the boiler area (eg your sight glass) would affect flow through the pump/group, they are isolated hydraulically.

Cheers

Thanks Artman, I will check the solenoid as soon as I can. Anyway if something would be wrong with the solenoid I probably would have the problem all the time and not only after being idle for a few hours. Besides that the pomp is quite new.
    I agree that the boiler has nothing to do with the group but when I opened the machine to find out the problem the only thing I noticed was the leak in the boiler.
    Just a coincidence!
    Cheers

Problem solved! About six months ago I replaced the electromagnet from the three way solenoid coil but it didn’t solve the problem. I opened the machine did some testing but didn’t detect any problem. So I bought a new solenoid coil and the problem vanished. Looking at the old solenoid, that must be older than 20 years, I can only guess that due to the long life it lost partially the power to pull the piston completely that opens/closes the pathway to make coffee. I suspect that after being idle for long, some of the water escaped through the drain pipe or evaporates via the group head.
    Cheers