Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TC

Thread: Vibiemme Domobar Super Electronica Price Check

Vibiemme Domobar Super Electronica Price Check

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, I wonder if anyone could give me an idea of the potential value of a Vibiemme Domobar Super Electronica for sale near me.

From the wording of the ad it looks like its about 4 years old, been regularly serviced and looked after. Its got a pid (not that it worries me either way).

They want $1450. Considering the new price is over $3000 do you think this a high price, fair price, good price or just too good to be true price!

I haven't spoken to the owner yet, just want to be prepared when I do.

cheers

G'day Justin...

If they're close to where you live, why not drop around and have them run the machine through its paces for you to evaluate, check receipts and all that kind of stuff. You'll be in a much better position then, than any of us, given that most of us are probably thousands of K's away...

Mal.

Thanks Dimal. I was really just trying to get an idea of price. I haven't the first clue what a second hand one is worth. I've been thinking of a new Domobar Junior at around $2200 so this is potentially a better price for a better machine.

TC
    Whilst it is a low demand machine with Aussie sales at a literal handful each year, the numbers are fair for a 4YO machine is it rocks your boat...

Control boards and touch pads for volumetric machines are pretty exxy- so make sure that everything is operating as it should.

Do you think a brand new Junior would be a safer option? As far as I can see the differences are that's it's generally bigger in boiler and external dimensions and that it has programmable buttons. I actually really like the lever from a purely aesthetic view so that's a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Do you think a brand new Junior would be a safer option? As far as I can see the differences are that's it's generally bigger in boiler and external dimensions and that it has programmable buttons. I actually really like the lever from a purely aesthetic view so that's a negative.
    That's an HX machine isn't it, not the dual boiler? The standard Super and Jr models are virtually identical internally I believe, the Jr just squeezes it all into a smaller footprint.

Yes that's right, both HX. The Super is 530mm deep. Just measured my countertop and that's a whopping great chunk of space. Think I'll stick with the Junior at 400mm!

Thanks for the help though.

I take that back, now that the Rocket Appartamento is nearly here I might hold off and see what the consensus is once it's out in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    I take that back, now that the Rocket Appartamento is nearly here I might hold off and see what the consensus is once it's out in the wild.
    The Appartamento has just become available in NZ. Should be in AUS too. Can't be too far away anyway.

TC
    Appartamento stocks are approx 10 days away...
    Stoffy and twwen2 like this.