• 1 Post By TC
  • 1 Post By artman
  • 3 Post By TC
  • 3 Post By TC

Thread: Izzo Alex Duetto III V4 AUS

TC

Izzo Alex Duetto III V4 AUS

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just letting you know that we are in discussions with Gruppo Izzo for a souped up Australia only model of the Alex Duetto which will have a number of great new features including stainless steel boilers.

Internal build quality as per usual is amongst the best in the business. Finish is superb and unlike almost all (or was that all?) logical competitors, the Duetto heats both boilers simultaneously.

This new model will be more expensive, but we are confident it will offer a great alternative at the absolute upper level of e-61 dual boiler machines whilst remaining competitive on price. We'll give them something to chase...

More info when I am able to release it. ETA Aug-Sept 2016.
    Last edited by TC; 1st June 2016 at 08:11 AM. Reason: typos

can we also ask for a slightly lower drip tray or an option for a second lower grill, so we dont have to cut the supplied one???
    or have a choice of one or the other or both

yea i know, use smaller cups
    brettreaby likes this.

Izzo Alex Duetto III V4 AUS

Concur with that. The extremely tall drip trays always put me off the Alex machines.

Aside from any cup clearance issues, the aesthetics just look wrong.

TC
    Lower drip tray is not on. It would require a completely new machine chassis up. FWIW, we get plenty who choose it for capacity over the shallower ones.

More wire inserts? Yes, no prob. Will add them on our order for any who would like to customise one.

For those who'd like a 2nd insert, let me know and we'll also order some spares as stock to sell with machines as well.
    kbc and chokkidog like this.

Or use a naked and it's not an issue. Loving my Duetto II.

Cheers
    TC likes this.

TC
    Agreed,

I have long forgotten what spouted ones are for!

Happy for suggestions though. You don't ask, you never receive....
    Logga likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Just letting you know that we are in discussions with Gruppo Izzo for a souped up Australia only model of the Alex Duetto which will have a number of great new features including stainless steel boilers.

Internal build quality as per usual is amongst the best in the business. Finish is superb and unlike almost all (or was that all?) logical competitors, the Duetto heats both boilers simultaneously.

This new model will be more expensive, but we are confident it will offer a great alternative at the absolute upper level of e-61 dual boiler machines whilst remaining competitive on price. We'll give them something to chase...

More info when I am able to release it. ETA Aug-Sept 2016.
    I've just been looking at some of the site sponsors web sites and man you Australians living in Melbourne have a pretty cool range of espresso machines to choose from, and the prices, well lets say you wouldn't get them that cheap in NZ.

The new Duetto sounds great. The two things that I would love to see in it if you are taking suggestions for the update are a shot timer as part of the PID display to close that difference with the Pro700, and more powerful steam performance to close the gap with the Linea Mini.

Agree with the shot timer function, would be nice to have.

I have never found the steam to be lacking though?

Cheers
    TC likes this.

Yep, certainly the current model duetto has solid steam capability. However, there is something just badass about the way that the Linea Mini delivers steam. Its awesome, and very very powerful.

Think about it this way. The Duetto is a finely tuned Ferrari. But if the importer was going to upgrade the engine with a little turbocharging I wouldn't complain. Not one bit 😀😀😀

Mine is the version II. Couldn't find a turbo inside!

It's a big steam boiler with adjustable temp so you can go higher temp/pressure if you want? How big is the boiler in the linea mini?

And yes I never complain about an engine with s decent turbo!

Cheers

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbroaster View Post
    ...and more powerful steam performance to close the gap with the Linea Mini.
    G'day Melb..

The Duetto III definitely offers better steam than the II, but both are fine.

Linea mini steam? Buy a Linea mini I'm afraid as there is no way to double the size of the steam boiler in the existing footprint...

We're continuing to work on the spec. for our machines. Some things are easy, others are a touch more challenging.

Just curious, what makes the steam better on the III compared to the II? I'm
    guessing the element is the same power and boiler is the same size, is it the simultaneous boiler heating?

A couple of things that I noticed when moving from a Bezzera Domus Galatea II to the Alex II:

Front panel/group noticeably more movement locking in PF etc. not floppy but not as solid/stiff.

No fill flap for water reservoir - Need to remove entire top tray (common to many machines I believe - all my prior had a fill flap). This is much easier since I fitted handles/rails.

The pressure gauges have plastic pointers - looks cheap to me on a high end machine.

None of these are big issues but suggestions if they are looking for input for future improvements.

Cheers

TC
    There is some good stuff happening at Izzo- none of which I am currently able to reveal, but it's a case of watch this space for an announcement later in the year....

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions on our custom AUS Duetto- some of these are also on my wish list....

In the meantime, our Alex Duetto demo is available at $$$ off. Check our sponsor area.

TC
    And here's the teaser....

Wonder which suggestions made the cut?
    kbc, Melbroaster and sprezzatura like this.

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    And here's the teaser....

Wonder which suggestions made the cut?
    Ok- to update you all, we lucked out on the spec I had in mind ....but what I can announce is that I have seen renders and have the spec. of what's next from Izzo.

It's a new dual boiler which will sit "above" the Alex Duetto so to speak and I reckon it will present a very attractive (and compelling alternative).. As it's without a moniker at present, I'll dub it SuperAlex and I reckon it will present a compelling argument for those considering this price bracket...

For the moment, I'm sworn to secrecy, but will update here first once I can release further information.
    kbc, Melbroaster and DaveD like this.

Very interesting. A super Alex? Not sure how you could improve on it substantially, pressure profiling?

Cheers

Love my Alex, but if I could add a shot timer I would. I weigh and time every shot!