Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ECM Mechanika Profi - Squeaky levers

ECM Mechanika Profi - Squeaky levers

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have ECM Mechanika Profi with levers. The levers became quite squeaky. Do I need to grease them? If so, what kind of grease can be used?
    Can the group lever be greased as well? Seems to be squeaky too, especially after back flashing with machine cleaner.

Hi,

This also happened to me during backflushing (note that my ECM is less than 2 month old). However, in my case, the lever started to work normally after the backflushing process was done. I suspect that in my case.

Try to pull the lever a couple of times, and see if the squeaky probably can disappear.

Hi daro, i'm not sure about the levers, but the group lever (cam and shaft) is greased with any food grade lubricant, I use molykote 111. Chemical back-flushing does dissolve away the lubricant over time, so regular lubricating is advised.

nate

Do you have Profi version? If so, how are the valves levers? Do they operate smoothly?
    We got a brand new ECM Automatika Profi at work a few weeks ago, and the levers are very smooth, compering to my machine at home.

No I have an older Barista model mate.

Hi nate, thanks for the info. I'll try to get some food grade lubricant and will give it a go.
    I guess I could apply same lubricant on the balls of the steam/hot water levers too.

Quote Originally Posted by daro View Post
    Hi nate, thanks for the info. I'll try to get some food grade lubricant and will give it a go.
    I guess I could apply same lubricant on the balls of the steam/hot water levers too.
    No worries, yeah i would give it a go, cant hurt surely?

Nate