Thread: Plumbed in R58 - What to do with the plastic tank?

Plumbed in R58 - What to do with the plastic tank?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,

Last weekend I connected my R58 to mains water (via a PLV & Filter). I'm loving it!

I have now removed the plastic water tank, and stored it separately, and just wanted to check and make sure that there were no problems with not having it in there.

The main reason I did this, is because my last machine (Giotto) wasn't plumbed in, and after approx 10 years the tank got brittle from the heat and cracked (costing $100) to replace. I figure if I'm not using it I may as well keep it away from the heat.

Did other plumbed in users do the same?

Regards,

Brett

TC
    Best leave it back in Brett,

As I understand, there are circumstances where a return of water to the tank can occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Best leave it back in Brett,

As I understand, there are circumstances where a return of water to the tank can occur.
    i have had mine plumbed in for around 1.5 years now and havent experienced this.

Brett, i had the same issue as you, my last one also became brittle after 10 years, but i asked the exact same question of Chris when i first purchased mine, and he gave me the same advice as he has given here.
    So i have left it in.
    I figure, if i keep the machine for 10 years, and the water tank costs $100 thats only $10 a year, so whats that 20c a week

Thanks Chris (& John)

I have put the tank back (better safe than sorry).
    Just to satisfy a curious mind, do you know what can cause this?
    You have me nervous, cos if it's connected to mains and that happens, I don't want to return to a kitchen full of water!!!

(Shame they didn't put a non-return valve inline with the reservoir)

Cheers,

Brett