Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By evro50
  • 1 Post By htb

Thread: La Marzocco GS3 Strada Mod Questions

La Marzocco GS3 Strada Mod Questions

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Can those who have used a GS3 with the Strada Gauge Mod please tell me, does this mod help you to create better espresso, does it do something you can't do without the mod, and is it really worth doing it? Thanks

I have my doubts that I will be able to tell the difference in the cup and even if I really like the styling of having a gauge up top right in the way of the cup tray.

I do like the idea of being able to pressure profile a little, but I'll be plumbed in so I'll get 3 bar pre and post infusion, but not able to vary that in the middle.

This is an image I stole from Google images, but this machine as a whole looks great. Just not sure my skill or palate could tell the difference using the mod.

That would be one of Dan's machines from Specht, personally if I were looking at that level of customisation (mod, timber, lever etc) it's getting pretty close to Slayer territory.

I don't have the strada mod on my machine nor do I have any desire to
    Jono_Willmer likes this.

htb
    "...does this mod help you to create better espresso" - No, not that I can tell. It probably does if you have the patience to experiment.

"does it do something you can't do without the mod" - Yes go from preinfusion -> 6bar -> 9 Bar -> 6 Bar -> 3 bar etc. as you want.
    Jono_Willmer likes this.