• 1 Post By trentski
  • 1 Post By TC
  • 6 Post By trentski
  • 1 Post By TC
  • 6 Post By ScottyF
  • 1 Post By Bosco_Lever
  • 2 Post By Barry O'Speedwagon
  • 6 Post By Andy

Thread: Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a profetic 700 from?

Talking Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a profetic 700 from?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am after a new Profetic 700 but don't want to pay $4000. Does anyone know where to score one cheaper ?

Jetblackespresso has an exdemo for sale at $3850. But as Paul said, $4k is what I've seen brand new ones go for.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
    Hi David,
    $4000 is a fair price. If you ask around you may get a few accessories thrown in but I doubt your get under $4k. Good luck though
    Cheers - Paul
    David, agree with Paul. I got mine on special right on $4,000 from DiBartoli. I just checked their website and the price as of today is under $4,000, by $1! It's a fabulous machine to own and use. Let us all know what you end up deciding on and, importantly, post a pic when you get in on the bench.
    kbc and Boggas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmurphy View Post
    I am after a new Profetic 700 but don't want to pay $4000. Does anyone know where to score one cheaper ?
    Hi David
    Have you tried using the "quote form" at the bottom of the page to contact all of the site sponsers?
    Good luck!
    Mal

Get a grey import or import one yourself if price is more important than quality or after sales support.
    Dimal likes this.

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by trentski View Post
    Get a grey import or import one yourself if price is more important than quality or after sales support.
    Not to mention the complete lack of warranty in Australia. *Searches for dustpan to pick up the pieces...Again!
    Casa Espresso likes this.

He made it clear that he wanted the cheapest one. Apparently price is the determining factor in this sale.
    Personally the after sales support, training and advice that normally goes with most purchases from sponsors isn't a factor worth paying for, so personal or grey import should be pursued. Perhaps the gumtree based seller you were indirectly involved with the other week could be an option.

(can you tell the op has rubbed me up the wrong way? And I don't even sell coffee machines)
    Dimal, Logga, Magic_Matt and 3 others like this.

TC
    Agreed Trent...

They're the type of enquiries which I bin immediately
    kbc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trentski View Post
    He made it clear that he wanted the cheapest one. Apparently price is the determining factor in this sale.
    Personally the after sales support, training and advice that normally goes with most purchases from sponsors isn't a factor worth paying for, so personal or grey import should be pursued. Perhaps the gumtree based seller you were indirectly involved with the other week could be an option.

(can you tell the op has rubbed me up the wrong way? And I don't even sell coffee machines)
    trentski, I read your post and felt my own blood pressure start to rise, thinking that you were serious. Then I read the last part of your post and systems returned to baseline. I realise we had the same reaction to the OP!

If I look at my experience of dealing with Di Bartoli (and by extension any of the excellent sponsors), I've bought a Mazzer Mini, the Profitec Pro 700, a Rocket Fausto and a range of manual brewing gear. Renzo serviced and repaired my previous Giotto.

While I've clearly bought equipment and services, what I've also bought (and appreciate the most) is an ongoing relationship. I reckon I could ring Renzo weekly until I access my superannuation and would get the same helpful and generous advice and support.

Go grey at your own peril, I think.

Spot on guys. These machines aren't appliances so price isn't the only factor to consider.
    Go for the cheapest price and you might find a grey import. Save $100 and get something running hot (Italian machines run hotter as Italians like it that way for their blends with high robusta content). You may get little (if any) after sales advice and support.
    If you buy online be really careful. There's one infamous seller with a .au website and Sydney phone number. You buy thinking it's all above board then get a machine from Italy 3 weeks later with a false declared value (under $1000) to avoid GST.
    Buyer beware.
    I reckon the "Italian machines run hotter" only applies to HX machine not DB with PID?

That said If you don't want to pay $4k for Profitec 700 then there are cheaper DBs available in the market. eg Minore only sells for $2.5k

If you want a ferarri then prepared to pay ferraris price.

TC
    There's one infamous seller with a .au website and Sydney phone number. You buy thinking it's all above board then get a machine from Italy 3 weeks later with a false declared value (under $1000) to avoid GST.

Buyer beware.
    Some (but surprisingly not all) punters jerry to it when they get the "please pay into this Italian bank account" request....

Nothing wrong with buying grey imports. Many people do it, including large electrical contractors. And I mean across the board when it comes to parts, cables, lighting etc, etc.
    It is all about Risk mitigation. Is the saving worth the risk?????
    Only you can answer that.
    As to coffee machine imports, qualify the customer. If they want dirt cheap, they have no interest in whether or not it is set up properly etc, they just want bragging rights.

Given Australia's generous consumer laws, the savings have to be pretty high to justify buying overseas. With some products (technology etc) we get ripped off by the big multinationals, who charge us extra and pay no tax in Australia. In those cases, buying OS is justified.
    saeco_user likes this.

Jet black also has them new for $3999.

If you don't mind travelling, Chris' Coffee has them for about $3700.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    To be fair, if you want to be profetic, you probably have to go o/s. Though, more typically the Middle East.
    Bosco_Lever and magnafunk like this.

Blog Entries
    Plenty of previous discussions on grey imports (and gray imports) already.
    It's really been done to death around here over the last dozen years and I can't see this thread adding anything new.

If you want to check pricing from the CoffeeSnobs sponsors then use the Quote Form at the top of every page.

If you want to buy something from overseas or find product just based on price then search google and cross your fingers.

...we'll lock it here.
    Dimal, saeco_user, TC and 3 others like this.