Thread: Rocket R58 brew group temperature

Rocket R58 brew group temperature

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I just installed my new R58 that I purchased from one of the site sponsors and found that the brew group temperature is nowhere near the supplied chart in the user manual. I finished up setting the PID temp @ 111C which produced 91.5C at the group. In the user manual you would set the brew PID to 104C to give you a temp of 91.7C.

Has anyone else found this anomaly?

Btw I'm quite happy with the coffee that the machine is producing now that the temp is set to my liking.

Cheers
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi P.
    Just a thought... Have you added some restriction into the PF to get a flow rate close to a real pour? That's important.
    Hi Paul
    I'm using a Scace device which has a restriction.

Cheers John

I wonder if the displayed temperature on the R58 read out is reading low? It can happen I suppose. The problem is there is no way of checking this by humble folk like me!

Quote Originally Posted by dumiya View Post
    I wonder if the displayed temperature on the R58 read out is reading low? It can happen I suppose. The problem is there is no way of checking this by humble folk like me!
    That's my thought as well.

Btw the controller is displaying 107C in the photos and were taken about 15-20 secs into shot. I assume temp sensor in the brew boiler is close to the intake.

I'm impressed by the stability of the R58, 2 shots 10 mins apart @91.5c with a peak of 91.8c in the 1st shot.

Cheers John