Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JetBlack_Espresso

Thread: KVDW Speedster questions

KVDW Speedster questions

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I'm starting to give some thought to my long term goal machine - the KVDW Speedster. I know there are a few owners on these boards so I thought I'd ask a few questions.

1. I'm looking to avoid running a new 20A circuit and I see that there is an option to limit the machine to 2300W. Is this option available on AU machines?

2. This would also allow use with a Timer switch (eg: Wemo). Is anyone doing this, or are you using the machine itself to enter power save mode on a schedule.

3. What do you do for servicing - onsite or drop off? I'd imagine once you've got it all connected up to the plumbing and the outboarded pump, it would be something of a hassle to disconnect everything for depot servicing.

4. Anyone know what is its required water flow rate? My filtration system (3M HF15) can supply up to 3.8litres per minute, but I've seen that some of the high end machines need 6+. I haven't been able to find such a spec listed for the Speedster.

Any tips or things to watch out for?

Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by herzog View Post
    Hi all,

I'm starting to give some thought to my long term goal machine - the KVDW Speedster. I know there are a few owners on these boards so I thought I'd ask a few questions.

1. I'm looking to avoid running a new 20A circuit and I see that there is an option to limit the machine to 2300W. Is this option available on AU machines?
    Yes.

2. This would also allow use with a Timer switch (eg: Wemo). Is anyone doing this, or are you using the machine itself to enter power save mode on a schedule.

3. What do you do for servicing - onsite or drop off? I'd imagine once you've got it all connected up to the plumbing and the outboarded pump, it would be something of a hassle to disconnect everything for depot servicing.
    We have customers who drop off to us and others who get us to do onsite.
    4. Anyone know what is its required water flow rate? My filtration system (3M HF15) can supply up to 3.8litres per minute, but I've seen that some of the high end machines need 6+. I haven't been able to find such a spec listed for the Speedster.
    I know they work with a Brita C50/150 ...

Any tips or things to watch out for?
    charlie
    Pretzal and trentski like this.

Thanks Charlie. Food for thought...

I have a customer with a KVDW 2G Spirit Bastone. We've been running a Brita C150 Purity and have adjusted the bypass on the head to 10 as opposed to 30. The espresso he's using tastes sweeter. Can't prove this but the system seems to be working well. I really enjoy working on Kees' machines.