Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Pretzal

Thread: Gs3 strange behaviour

Gs3 strange behaviour

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have an interesting issue with my gs3; I'd like to know what people with experience operating / servicing these machines think could be the cause.

So, it's under 12 months old; runs from the tank; I have Strada modified it recently and it worked perfectly until, well, it didn't for no apparent reason

The problem is; after the machine automatically turns on in the morning, I go to pull the first shot, the pump won't start. The microswitch audibly clicks but nothing happens. However if I run the hot water tap, the pump starts and it refills the boiler. After that I can pull a shot happily and the problem won't occur again.

In my mind it's a PCB/logic board issue but I don't / haven't looked for an electrical schematic to assist my fault finding,

I welcome others to chime in with possible causes of this odd behaviour.

I dont know what the cause of your issue is but I'm pretty sure I know the response of most around here. If it's under 12 months old then take it back to where you bought it so they can rectify it. If the Strada mod has invalidated your warranty then take it back to where you modded it to see if they can help. Apart from that....Merry Christmas!
    Dimal and Yelta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzal View Post
    I dont know what the cause of your issue is but I'm pretty sure I know the response of most around here. If it's under 12 months old then take it back to where you bought it so they can rectify it. If the Strada mod has invalidated your warranty then take it back to where you modded it to see if they can help. Apart from that....Merry Christmas!
    Yep, seems like the logical course of action.

Merry Christmas.