• 2 Post By jsk710
  • 2 Post By greenman
  • 1 Post By artman
  • 3 Post By jsk710
  • 2 Post By jsk710

Thread: My New Profitec Pro700

My New Profitec Pro700

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Took delivery of my new Pro700 at the weekend, as my old Breville had just about given up, and was leaking lots of water into the drip tray.
    but will look at that in my spare time, so have now got the Pro700 and the T64 grinder both originally sourced from Jetblack Expresso,, and having lots of fun playing around and getting to grips with the settings.
    Did heaps of research before buying must of looked at every video on u tube and lots of comments on here to find the right choice
    going to get it plumbed in and run the waste down to a tundish under the bench, as I've already experienced a cut out on low water half way thro a shot 😝
    Thought the machine had malfunctioned !
    Im finding the steam power way more pressure than the Breville, and maybe it's because I'm using a smallish pitcher but it seems to get hot before I've got any foam 😩
    Love the info regarding the machine on here keep up the good work
    i will try and put some photos up if I can find out how to do it !!
    going to invest in a WiFi switch to turn it on and warm up on my way home from work.

Keith..........SA
    Brewster, Dimal, kbc and 1 others like this.

Congrats on your new set-up Keith, I have had mine a couple of weeks now and loving it, steam power is brilliant you will soon be producing silky microfoam. Look forward too seeing pics of your shiny new equiment.
    cheers
    Trevor
    kbc, jsk710 and sprezzatura like this.

What made you decide on the 700? I am looking at the 500 and was wondering what you get for the extra cost over the 500

Quote Originally Posted by tonym1 View Post
    What made you decide on the 700? I am looking at the 500 and was wondering what you get for the extra cost over the 500
    You get a double boiler rather than a heat exchanger.

Thanks Trevor
    you wouldn't believe how much research I put into my end decision ��
    But when my smart grinder packed in with my Breville set up, I chose the T64 as a replacement and was very happy with the performance and quality and that helped me make the choice to put the Pro 700 next to it on my bench top.
    getting to grips with the steam power now, and starting to get all the materials together for plumbing in, will keep you posted on that project.
    enjoy those great shots !
    keith

Photos

Hey guys
    how do you post your photos up on here 😩Is there a quick and easy explanation !
    im using an iPad Pro I know you have to get a URL and paste it in the photo section of the post
    but tried copy and paste from my photos but it's not working
    1 hour later and still haven't posted my photo.....Grrrrrr
    Last edited by jsk710; 24th February 2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Pretty sure you have to have 5 or 10 (can't remember which) forum posts first before you can post photos. You should be able to upload them to the site directly.

Thanks Pretzal maybe that's why I'm struggling !

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Congrats on your new set-up Keith, I have had mine a couple of weeks now and loving it, steam power is brilliant you will soon be producing silky microfoam. Look forward too seeing pics of your shiny new equiment.
    cheers
    Trevor
    Hi Trevor
    I will put some photos up, of my completed underbench Plumbing in job when I've reached enough posts to do it !
    works a treat
    saves keep emptying the tray into the sink, and filling up the tank, after removing the cup tray
    cheers
    Keith
    greenman and kbc like this.

Look forward to seeing the pics Keith. Unfortunately I can't plumb mine in where I have my coffee station set up and I am banned from the kitchen area so vigilance is required, I am regularly emptying the tray now and have had no mishaps since the first couple of days.
    matth3wh and kbc like this.

That timber looks great. A bit of matching timber knobs and PF handles would take it even further. Very classy.

Cheers
    kbc likes this.

IMG_0101.jpgHere is my new set up on the bench top
    Attached Images Attached Images
    greenman, trentski and noonar like this.

IMG_3695.jpgThis is the waste outlet clear 13 poly to 20 high pressure falling into a tundish on the main 50mm waste outlet
    greenman and trentski like this.