Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alphafoxtrot

Thread: Looking for machine for busy office

Looking for machine for busy office

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey guys,

We are looking to replace the 10 year old La Cimbali Junior espresso machine everyone in my office has been abusing.
    It needs to be serviced about twice as often as it should, the seal always breaks and it doesn't clean properly anymore without exploding all over me. It also leaks sometimes.

Our requirements are:

Tank-fill
    Single group or double if it's very compact but I don't think you can get doubles that run off a tank?
    Handles about 75-100 coffees a day
    Auto pour settings (the Junior is manual and people don't know how long to let it pour for then complain their coffee tastes bad)
    Can deal with awful colleagues who don't know how to treat things with respect

Our budget is about $3,500 max.
    We're based in Melbourne.

Thank you!
    Alfafoxtrot.

Without training or commitment to keep clean go with nespresso or a bulk brewer like a Bunn or Fetco

Quote Originally Posted by Melbroaster View Post
    Without training or commitment to keep clean go with nespresso or a bulk brewer like a Bunn or Fetco
    They know how to use the machine they're just rough with it.
    We do 6-monthly training on how to use the machine.
    Plus we have a Mazzer Mini grinder so I feel like going to pods would be a bit sacrilege.

Quote Originally Posted by LFM60 View Post
    Inclined to agree with Melbroaster.

When you are the only person treating the machine properly and no one else can be bothered............

The other alternative is to only purchase a machine if every single employee has contributed $$$$.
    Equal shares in the purchase and maintenance. No excuses from anyone or they can drink instant.

Trouble is, it is too much bother for some lazy buggers to even put a lid on the Nescafe so it goes stale.....r.
    Whilst I genuinely appreciate the perspective I will actually not get approval to buy a pod machine.
    So whilst it might feel gross to recommend a nice machine to a company who's employees will abuse it, I would rather get a machine with your recommendations that fit my requirements than pick something blindly.

I suggest you use the quote form on the web page so that the site sponsors can provide advice on an appropriate machine for your circumstances. They are dealing with these issues on virtually a daily basis and would be best placed to advise on idiot proof machines for office environments.

Quote Originally Posted by Otago View Post
    I suggest you use the quote form on the web page so that the site sponsors can provide advice on an appropriate machine for your circumstances. They are dealing with these issues on virtually a daily basis and would be best placed to advise on idiot proof machines for office environments.
    Quote form!! Marvelous! Thank you kindly
    kbc likes this.