Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Breville Oracle Touch - Bes990XL

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    CoffeeSnobs GOLD is a good starting point

Quote Originally Posted by Shamim View Post
    Thanks - will do. Didn't know coffeesnobs was a bean shop! Any bean recommendations for a flat white aficionado?
    This is worth a look Shamin https://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/V...36-surprise-me two different types of Arabica beans, a good introduction to quality coffee at a reasonable price.

Espresso Wow! and Fiefy's Latte Art - Organic @ Origin would be good starting points.

Java "Award winning coffees for you!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Thanks - will be buying some of those. Also today found some fresher beans in the cupboard - 3 weeks from roasting date - and sure enough the shots are much better. Who knew? Everyone bar me, it seems.

Another stupid question if i may: I don't really get what the "double" function is on the espresso pour. I guess the larger basket (20g) is a 2-shot espresso and the smaller a single shot, but what does pressing "double" on the brew do for the coffee? More liquid (hence less strong)? More pressure? Good for 2 cups (one on each size of the portafilter)?

Milk volume question: Hi all, loving this machine. A question please: I feel the flat whites are too milky if using all the milk in the jug (when filled to just below the spout as recommended by Breville). What do y'all do please? Fill the jug wih less milk (but then potentially compromise the microfoam)? Fill the jug as recommended but not use all the milk? Or just go with all the milk?

I would try putting less milk in the jug to start with and see what happens, might be alright. If not just don't use it all, or try getting a slightly smaller jug.

Mine came out of the box set at 32 grind

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123