Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By SideBuRn

Thread: Expobar G10 Restore

Expobar G10 Restore

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all, I have just come into possession of an older 3 group Expobar G10 and have hopes and dreams of getting it back up and running. Overall condition seems fairly good, quite dirty but I have spent the afternoon tearing it down and starting the deep clean which is going well. I have not even seen it powered up yet but have been told two of the groups were working fine but the third had a coffee tipped over it and has a fried temp controller. Its running AKO 13123's as the controllers so the search is now on to find some replacements. I will post some progress photos along the way, go gentle on me though as I am new here

would love to hear any feedback or experiences that people have had with this model, I have heard that they are pretty solid and reliable.

Some photos of the progress, from a few part manufacturers dates inside the machine I am guessing its around an 07 model.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Senior Member WhatEverBeansNecessary's Avatar
    Looks awesome. Please keep us all updated on the progress and good luck!

Not much left now on the strip down and the clean continues. From the wiring to the condition of the boilers, I am thinking this old girl has had a hard life.

Can anyone recommend a good method for descaling the lines and boilers now that they are out?

So straight off the bat I have found cracked copper line from the top group head boiler to the group head. I am currently reassembling the machine to fill with water/power up so that I can make a list of all the parts I need and it could have quite possibly been me that over stressed it. The split was right at the flared olive end and I have cut this off to crimp a new olive in. In hindsight that was a poor decision because no one locally has the parts (I thought it would be a standard off the shelf bunnings plumbing piece or something). Anyone know where I can buy a replacement that can be sent out? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by SideBuRn View Post
    Anyone know where I can buy a replacement that can be sent out? Thanks in advance
    I'd give the good people at Coffee Parts a try...
    Contact them via phone or email, explain your problem and if they have the part(s), they will ship them to you in super quick time...

Mal.
    SideBuRn likes this.

thank you, I will look them up
    Dimal likes this.