Thread: Rancilio two group machine-2 questions ?

Rancilio two group machine-2 questions ?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Dear Coffee Lovers,
    Not new however Iíve had this machine for ages,wonít die nor will I let it go , just keeps on producing beautiful espresso.
    I know a little bit about these machines though I have two simple questions hopefully some kind person can positively answer.
    1st:
    whats this for?

F6EBFE79-1ED1-409F-B6C9-1C856EE37D71.jpg
    2nd question:
    Why is an adjustment for boiler inflow?
    B5CAB736-952B-44F3-88EB-47B312AEEFAE.jpg
    Thanks in anticipation,
    cheers,
    Mick.

Hello again,
    Thanks to Ralph from 2007 ( Coffee snobs) I have my answers however,the knob/valve controlling the boiler infeed is a still a puzzle ,thanks.
    cheers,
    Mick.

That's probably a spring actuated valve that is pressed in rather than a rotary valve. Probably the emergency boiler manual fill for if the autofill stops working.

Try pushing it in, if it does push in then that's most likely what it's for. Easiest way to tell for sure is to connect the machine to mains water, press it and see if the boiler starts to fill.

noidle22,
    That makes sense,I had several half hearted attempts at turning the knob (would not turn) I’ll try pressing instead...good idea,thanks.
    cheers,
    Mick.

Good evening Coffee lovers,
    This Rancillio S10/CD double group has undergone element replacement,while I was in there , was necessary to clear away the built up debris from the failed element,flushed the system out (so I believed)however, I have what can only be described as intermittent blockage going on,mostly in the left group.
    Iíve removed the mushroom bolt together with the cap screw bolt below on both groups with no apparent blockage there.
    External pump wasnít giving itís best pressure so I connected a spare pump/motor,marginally improved.
    Seems like this intermittent blockage may be the left heat exchanger as serious steam with poor water flow.
    Have confirmed the shower screens are clean & clear.
    Iím ready to use a compressor to clear from the group right back to the inlet solenoid,any othe helpful suggestions are welcome.
    cheers,
    mick

Good Morning Coffee Lovers,
    Progress report so far,as above I used the air gun on the cap screw access, left group (50psi),with brew switch engaged,I was able to remove blockage and all appears to be flowing again on demand (both groups).
    I'm fully aware this is just temporarily fixed ,the machine in in my works staff room.
    Had this machine been in a busy commercial business ,just wouldn't be good enough and I would have replaced the machine and clear/cleaned the machine thoroughly before reinstalling.
    I'll be keeping check on the flow and make sure it doesn't happen again.
    I had the machine choofing away all weekend and didn't miss a beat,the trip to my place of installation must have been enough to disturb remaining debris and block things.
    Lesson learnt...be doubly thorough about clearing away internal debris.
    Cheers,
    Mick.