Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MorganGT
  • 2 Post By MorganGT

Thread: Milano Coffee Machine - Advice Needed

Milano Coffee Machine - Advice Needed

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello everyone,

I picked up an Italian "Milano" machine, only used for 6 months, but its around 10years old according to the owner. I have plumbed it in to test, but can't seem to get a brew going. Maybe there is a procedure to follow?
    Anyone seen these machines before? I have searched all over to try get some info or a manual at least but haven't had any luck.

It honestly is too big for my kitchen so will probably end up selling it but the engineer in me wants to get it going.

Cheers
    Mike

IMG_3063.jpgIMG_3064.jpg

I haven't seen that exact model before, but it should be pretty easy to get info or parts to fix it, since it is a CMA manufactured machine and looks to be made with components common to lots of other CMA made machines.
    The knobs and steam wand are San Marino Lisa, taps probably also the same (there is a shorter Wega version, but all the parts except the actual shaft are the same), inlet manifold/manual fill valve (black knob on front) is also San Marino Lisa, touchpad looks similar to early Wega Atlas but with different screenprinting, group head and group handle is also Wega Atlas style.
    Chances are if it has been sitting around unused for a long time and no water is coming out of the group it has a blocked group jet or filter, both of which will be hidden below the large nut on top of the group head.
    Dimal likes this.

Thanks MorganGT, I had a look at the Atlas and its very similar! The machine is now in pieces, I cleaned the group head, it was rather blocked, but after cleaning, still no water coming through. I have removed the boiler, some pipes were abit clogged, which I have cleaned now. I managed to break the site glass so will have to look at replacing that hopefully if there are spares that fit.

I may advertise it as is, to sell for parts or if someone wants a challenge!

Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmixes View Post
    I managed to break the site glass so will have to look at replacing that hopefully if there are spares that fit.
    Virtually every machine that CMA make with a sight glass use the same glass tube and seals, regardless of the model - various Wegas, San Marinos, Astorias, and CMA badged machines.
    Basically one of these:
    https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/parts...er-level-glass
    and 2 of these:
    https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/parts...l-glass-gasket
    Dimal and mikesmixes like this.

So good news - Machine is working! Replaced the broken glass. I opened the flowmeter and found it to be blocked. After cleaning that and the filter on it, everything is working now. The main issues were the Group Head blocked, Pump had seized and was blocked and the flowmeter inlet was blocked.

Good job mike!