Thread: Original color or Today's color . That is the question

Original color or Today's color . That is the question

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have an Old 2 Group Rancilio Z9 that I'm Overhauling, and the Original body color is a Deep Burgundy .The finish on the front panel is dulled from use .So I'll need to paint it.

My dilemma is , do I keep it the original color or do I bring it into today's style/color to sell it ?

Either way you'll probably need to supply an asking price

Depends how much money you want to sink into it? and do you think you will recoup the money and time it will take to repaint it? To do a good spray job on all the panels is going to require a few hours of prep work plus the cost of paint etc. Unless you have a spray booth or access to a spray booth you're risking replacing a dull front panel in an unfashionable colour with a fashionable colour with a lot of surface imperfections, orange peel, and the tiny insects that seem to only appear when there's wet paint around. I doubt you will get a acceptable finish with rattle cans from Bunnings.

Sorry to be negative, but if you're only respraying to sell im not sure it would be worth the effort. if you were planning to keep it and wanted to spray it to fit in with your house its probably worth the time.

Powdercoat is a cheaper option than painting. But it wont be a super glossy finish

If the colour has only dulled, can't you just T-Cut it and finish off with a good polish?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubleshot View Post
    I have an Old 2 Group Rancilio Z9 that I'm Overhauling, and the Original body color is a Deep Burgundy .The finish on the front panel is dulled from use .So I'll need to paint it.

My dilemma is , do I keep it the original color or do I bring it into today's style/color to sell it ?
    why is this in the For Sale section ??