Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Yelta

Thread: Used 2 Group / Grinder Suggestions

Used 2 Group / Grinder Suggestions

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    We have taken the plunge and have committed to opening a licensed restaurant in Brisbane within the next month or so, circa 70-80 seats.

Excellent food is the objective with less emphasis on espresso / tea.........at this stage. In our experience after an excellent meal with drinks a coffee finisher is a bit of a hit and miss.

Having said that we are looking for a good used 2 group machine for the restaurant as I just don't think a new machine is warranted, if proven wrong then of course we would upgrade in a flash.

I would value suggestions on which brand, single / three phase etc and of course suggestions for a grinder, I'm thinking grind on demand to maintain freshness.

Loving the Leva and Fausto combo at home. I think another Fausto may do well but I am conscience something with a little more speed and efficiency will be needed.

Looking forward to hearing from the snobbery.

Cheers

Take this for what its worth Richard, restaurants generally let them selves down terribly with their coffee.

Spoils an evening, having enjoyed a nice dinner to have luke warm cup of swill served up in the name of coffee, literally leaves a nasty taste in your mouth.

I guess what I'm saying is, if your going to serve espresso offer a quality product and don't relegate coffee making duties to an untrained food server.
    DaveD, bigdaddy and DB79 like this.

I hear you, nothing I also hate worse to cap the night off is an espresso made by the inexperienced. What I meant by the hit and miss comment is I have found many don't feel like a coffee after being well fed followed by plenty of beer wine or spirits.

We will be putting on a well seasoned barista whose secondary role would be to serve food.

It's just the hardware that I'm undecided on.