Thread: Cimbali Junior Help - No head pressure - Excess dripping from 3 way solenoid

Question Cimbali Junior Help - No head pressure - Excess dripping from 3 way solenoid

Hi All,

Looking for some help to determine problem with the head pressure on my 1995 Cimbali Junior. I have attached a video demonstrating the issues, essentially there is excess water leaking from the 3-Way Solenoid (Lucifer valve) and out of the Over Pressure Valve, meaning that the head pressure is extremely low.

This problem started a week ago, but has potentially been the result of some of the recent work to the machine.
    1. I initially put in a new vibe pump - Potentially because its 20 years newer seemed to have slight higher pressure than the old one, so leaked more out of the OPV.
    2. Because the OPV was leaking so much I then put a silicon hose from the OPV outlet back into the tank - This didnt work so well, seemed to prevent OPV working at target pressure
    3. I changed OPV pressure a little to try and account for excess pressure from the Silicon tube, but didnt work
    4. I then took away the silicon tube and tried to change OPV setting back to normal, but now the whole system seems out of wack and the head pressure is now gone

I have attached a video of the issues, if anyone could provide some insights it would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

https://youtu.be/FwWb3hf-IB8

My guess, the 3-way valve is stuck in the wrong position, preventing flow between the pump and the group head. Instead, it's all going out the OPV.

Thanks - Every so often it works with some head pressure. Would this require a new solenoide? I took the 3-way solenoide assembly apart and cleaned it, but didnt seem to help.