Thread: Early PROMAC Single Group

Early PROMAC Single Group

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I just got my hands on the machine of my dreams, didnt know that it was until I fixed it up a little, but it suits my purposes perfectly.

Its an early single group PROMAC Amica, (is that extreme) unplummed, with a massive drip tray and a water reservoir. When I recieved it the owner thouht it was dead, a leg knocked off, and spewing water when turned on, The seal on the group was unchanged for years and needed a screwdriver for it to come out in pieces, it had such a large grove in it you could drive a bus through, but after a bit of cleaning, with espresso clean a new seal, and I am still to get a leg from coffee parts, it seems to work fine. The stability of the temp, is amazing...

does any body know what size boiler this has?

Is their a manual out there or some schematic for this machine?

It takes 8 minutes to warm, snd can steam all day.

One issue is that the back flush does not seem to work completly. There is always a little soggy pool on the puck. I can see that there is a simple adjustment on the backflush out take, but it seems to do little. Coffe tastes great...

Any info on this rather early, very boxy, BOEMA looking machine... would be appreciated. Its not the current model.

Best

tmid

Re: Early PROMAC Single Group

How did you measure the temperature stability?

any pics?
    Brett

Dear Luca and Brett,

I only checked the dial, the temp. guage. It stays at nothing for quite a time, then as it heats up, almost jumps to a steady level. Then doesnt budge...

There is hardly any spitting when first started in the morning, and no change in the needle.

I have not checked with a probe...

Yup, Ill see if I can take some picts tonight.

Best tmid.

Hey Tmid

The Amica is pretty much a Rancilio re-badged. They have a 4 litre boiler.

The foot you maybe able to interchange that with some commercial Rancilio machines.

Live with the fact the puck is wet, or pools with water, as long as it is making great coffee. I can never get the pucks to come out dry using those machines. No matter how hard i try, cant get it done. The prob seems to be that the single PF cannot take more than 7.5 or so grams of coffee. It is impossible to lock the bloody handle in, especially when youve just added a new seal. THe double PF, usually comes out drier.

You will also discover that this model has the exact same workings as the new Promac..P/US i think it is. I have manuals for these, they dont really tell you much, but if u really want one i can get you one.

Hi,
    if its the same innards as a Rancilio S-series - I have the manuals for them available as PDF that I can email to you.

Just PM me your email addy and I can forward it.

Frankie

Boo Coffeedr.

4 lr. I thought it was a good size. thats great. I have purchased a foot from coffeeparts, and it came within a day. Very professional, it fits fine. and was under 10 buck plus postage. Its a bit different, but the thread is the same, and it works much better than the shoddy thing I had under there previously. I looked at the commercial rancillio machines, and would have got one of those if they came up.

Shame about the wet puck, I had the feeling I could adjust it so less wet would drip through, maybe that will be my excuse to upgrade some day to a newer machine. I cant say I like the look of the newer PROMACs they look a tad plastic. I like metal, boxes at present.

I only really se the double PF, and Id love to pack more coffee in there, I find myself making two lates, for my wife and I, using the double, twice. Then, making another shot or two after, again both with the double. I am going through coffee like there is no tomorrow.

Thanks for your comments, its reasuring tohear somewone else has the same problem.

If you have the maual as digital ie. pdf, then I can compare it to the one I am getting from another coffeesnob member...

Thanks again,

Tmid.