Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Robbo1111
  • 1 Post By Robbo1111
  • 2 Post By Papanick

Thread: ECM Synchronika 1 year review

ECM Synchronika 1 year review

Iíve had my Synchronika for a year now so thought I do a quick review of it.

My previous machines were a Sunbeam 6910, which I still own and use when travelling, and a Rocket Premium Plus which I bought 2
    nd
    hand and had for a couple of years.

I purchased the Synchronika a year ago from a site sponsor. My final choice was based on the many glowing reviews that I had read or watched. Itís a really good looking machine but in my opinion not the prettiest of the many options out there. However the attention to detail in the manufacturing process and internal layout is second to none.

For the first 9 months I was in non-plumbed mode running my laundry tap through a bombora filter. I recently took the plunge and plumbed it in. The process was easy enough but drilling through a brand new benchtop, without the wifeís permission, was nerve-wracking. I havenít got the drain tube sorted yet but that can wait. The only thing to note with the plumbing process is that you have to re-adjust the pressure due to the 2-3 bar of line pressure when plumbed. Again this is an easy process.

My weekly routine is a mix of double and single shots, 25-30 in total, a combination of capps and machiatoís. Iím doing a water backflush after each daily session. I do a cafetto backflush and general clean every month.

I just performed a yearly service which involved group head seal change; cleaning of the shower screen; check of the mushroom and boiler water probe for calcium deposits; check for any internal or external leaks; and a general clean. There were no squeaks or water leaks so didnít need to do any real disassembly. Pretty impressed with the bombora filter, not a single mark on the mushroom or the mushroom internals, spring or probe.

I have to say the machine has worked flawlessly all year, my only gripe is with the originally steam tip. Very small diameter holes that were only capable of steaming a small jug of milk very slowly. I bought another two-hole tip which was a marked improvement.

Thatís it really, if any one has been considering one I would say go for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good review thanks for that. It's one of the machines on my short list for the next upgrade, depending on what Mr Taxman decides to refund me this year.
    Is there any reason why you opted for the Synchronika over the Profitec Pro 700? It has the same internals.
    How about the PID? Have you been playing around with any settings, such as brew temp?

Quote Originally Posted by flynnaus View Post
    Good review thanks for that. It's one of the machines on my short list for the next upgrade, depending on what Mr Taxman decides to refund me this year.
    Is there any reason why you opted for the Synchronika over the Profitec Pro 700? It has the same internals.
    How about the PID? Have you been playing around with any settings, such as brew temp?
    I wanted the levers rather than knobs and the ECM just seemed a notch ahead in quality from the research I did. It's overkill for what I need but I'm not thinking upgradeitis anymore.
    Regarding the PID, the brew temp I've left alone, it's at 94C. The steam temp I've set to whatever the max is.
    matth3wh likes this.

Lovely machine. The new 2018 models come with an upgraded PID which allow for 2 bar of steam pressure, which is commercial levels. I think you can upgrade older models with the new PID if you want to look into that...
    Magic_Matt and wilsonj like this.