Like Tree18Likes
  • 18 Post By OzDJ

Thread: Sharing an experience - arrival of my La Marzocco GS/3 MP

Sharing an experience - arrival of my La Marzocco GS/3 MP

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Here's the tl;dr "OP bought a new LM GS3 MP. He's pretty excited."

18 years of upgrade-itis culimated in a rather heavy (49kg) delivery this week, and proportional lightening of my wallet.

My espresso journey started in 2000 with a TERRIBLE (but cheap) Kenwood "Cremissimo" machine which I seem to recall cost me ~$129.00 at a Myer clearance sale. Along the way have been numerous espresso machines, two of my favourites being the somewhat ubiquitous Rancilio Silvia (V2 IIRC) and my last machine, a Vibiemme Domobar Junior.

I became "La Marzocco curious" when I moved to Zetland ~14 years ago and started visiting the Allpress roastery and cafe in neighboring Rosebery. During a behind the scenes tour there I saw numerous and *stunning* LM machines. I believe this was during their time as the official distributor for LM in Australia?

Anyway, a few things about the brand seemed to stick with me - mostly history, machine look-feel and the presence at so many cafes i visited. The seed of thought was well and truly planted. One day, I would have my own LM at home.

I've been through a pretty rough period personally over the last four years (not keen to go into details). Thankfully, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel WASN'T a train, and I'm now I'm going to make a point of enjoying my life a little more each day. And coffee is a big part of what makes me....me.

So I set about researching machines and all roads brought me to the LM GS/3 MP. Found a killer deal from a company in Melbourne (not a site sponsor) who saved me almost $700 on the best price I could find here in Sydney for LM Australasia distributed stock. I pulled the trigger. A few days later...BOOM! In the immortal words of Eric Cartman, "Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof."

Some extra pix here and here on Instagram.

IMG_20180815_185603 (Medium).jpg IMG_20180815_190326 (Medium).jpg IMG_20180815_190451 (Medium).jpg IMG_20180815_191301 (Medium).jpg IMG_20180815_192449.jpg

Wonderful outcome mate...
    Terrific.

Mal.

That's awesome to hear mate, really beautiful to read that. I think it's important that we be a bit kinder to ourselves and nourish our heart, and let go of the constant demands and pressure we make of ourselves, was refreshing to read that .

Enjoy it

Looks like Christmas has come early! I’ve never regretted spendings more for my Linea mini and I suspect you won’t regret this purchase either. Well done for giving yourself permission.

Gotta love a new toy!

Java "Congrats!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

congrats on the new toy, you are going to love it, and doubt you will be looking for any further upgrades in the fututre

Awesome.

I’ve been looking at the Linea mini for a while now. J

My key challenge is convincing the Minister for War and Finances to part with the ~$5k.

I’d be very interested in your experience with the machine.

Please post updates.

Hey mate. Random Question for you. Will two 8oz cups fit under the GS3 spouts? If so will two 12oz (regular) cups for? I know on my Linea mini you had to lean them in on angles to get 12oz cups to fit.

Enjoy the journey. Interesting to read as I went exactly the same way starting with Sylvia, the Vibiemme DB Junior and ending with the GS3 - while my daughters are both happy owners of the pass-on's. What I do enjoy at the moment is my Sedona Elite 700 roaster - great machine and having lots of fun with it.