• 1 Post By luigi
  • 3 Post By samuellaw178
  • 1 Post By Otago

Thread: Brugnetti Leva

Brugnetti Leva

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    eBay link removed as per Site Posting Policy

Hi all,

Does anyone here have any information about the Brugnetti ‘Delta’ lever?

I’m looking at possibly purchasing one, however struggling to find information and specs on this lever.

I’m particularly interested in any experiences with the machine and any common traits/faults/comparison to other levers or recommended ‘mods’

(Link at the top for reference to machine)

cheers!
    Last edited by Javaphile; 18th October 2018 at 12:11 PM. Reason: eBay link removed

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    You might want to read the forum rules about posting links to ebay. I'd remove it before someone else does.

Site sponsor the Coffee Machinist (Rick Bond) has restored older Brugnetti levers in the deep dark past. Not sure whether he has done much with newer ones.

All good, mods beaten me to it - sorry!

Hopefully Rick can chime in!

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by luigi View Post
    Hopefully Rick can chime in!
    Better to contact him direct I'd reckon...

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Better to contact him direct I'd reckon...

Mal.
    Thanks Mal, I’ve sent Rick a pm too
    Dimal likes this.

This machine has been on ebay for ages. For similar money you can buy a new lever machine from a site sponsor. Profitec 800 (uses the same Bosco lever group) or Strega PID.

Thanks Hamburglar, I agree, however it’s been offered to me at quite a discount below asking price as I agree at closet to $4k opens up the market for a new machine.

I think I saw a similar machine on Gumtree previously (not 100% sure if it's the same model) and inquired about the details. From memory, the spec was something like a 6L boiler and the hydraulic is a heat exchanger (HX) system - so a commercial-duty HX lever. Requires plumbing in (or easy with a flojet +RO tank). If you don't mind the large boiler size, it's probably worth a test drive/demo.

FWIW, I have a vintage Brugnetti Aurora lever built in the 1970s that is still running like a champ today. It also has a HX hydraulic and the same plumb-in requirement but a 4.5L boiler. Perhaps they are very different under the hood as 40 years have gone past since (different designers/engineers etc).

Brugnetti might be making these levers to orders as I don't see much of their kind around.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by samuellaw178; 19th October 2018 at 07:27 PM.
    Dimal, Hoggers and luigi like this.

And that Faemina Baby looks so cute hiding under the counter.
    samuellaw178 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by samuellaw178 View Post
    I think I saw a similar machine on Gumtree previously (not 100% sure if it's the same model) and inquired about the details. From memory, the spec was something like a 6L boiler and the hydraulic is a heat exchanger (HX) system - so a commercial-duty HX lever. Requires plumbing in (or easy with a flojet +RO tank). If you don't mind the large boiler size, it's probably worth a test drive/demo.

FWIW, I have a vintage Brugnetti Aurora lever built in the 1970s that is still running like a champ today. It also has a HX hydraulic and the same plumb-in requirement but a 4.5L boiler. Perhaps they are very different under the hood as 40 years have gone past since (different designers/engineers etc).

Brugnetti might be making these levers to orders as I don't see much of their kind around.
    Yep, quite possibly the same machine, it's been up for ages at varying price points, not sure if it was the same as a Sydney based store selling it.

Otherwise it's 5L plumb only, internals look very clean, will go check it out tomorrow.