Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kofekitt
  • 1 Post By Robbo1111

Thread: Synchronika pump problem?

Synchronika pump problem?

It appears as though the rotary pump on my Synchronika has failed. But before I go to the trouble of replacing it, I was seeking some troubleshooting help.
    So my machine is plumbed in and when flushing some water through there is no pump noise, just the line pressure pushing water through and the pressure gauge dropping from 3.5 bar (normal line pressure) to about 1 bar. The only thing I've tested is the brew lever micro-switch which I've fully depressed to see if the pump would activate, no dice.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Machine was purchased 15 months ago and only does about 25 coffees per week plus daily back flushing,
    thanks in advance

Does the pump still activate to fill the steam boiler upon start up or if you draw hot water out of the wand? Be careful - if you draw a lot of water and the pump doesn't start up to refill the boiler - turn off the machine to avoid element damage . Let us know what happens
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kofekitt View Post
    Does the pump still activate to fill the steam boiler upon start up or if you draw hot water out of the wand? Be careful - if you draw a lot of water and the pump doesn't start up to refill the boiler - turn off the machine to avoid element damage . Let us know what happens
    Better to disconnect the element altogether when testing, I believe.
    Given that the machine is still very young, you probably still have statutory warranty protection with regard to significant items like the Pump/Motor. Worth keeping in mind...

Mal.

Good advice guys, I'll take it into the shop. Sparked up the old 6910 this morning, still working and producing decent coffee
    Dimal likes this.

So the problem failed to reappear while in the shop and now its back at home and working again.
    Perhaps the mains water at home was turned off for a short time without me being aware of it or there was some other intermittent problem or operator error.
    Nevertheless happy to have it back and thanks to Dibartoli's for the quick troubleshooting.