Thread: Faema e98 Compact S1 - programming coffee measures

Question Faema e98 Compact S1 - programming coffee measures

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Iíve had my Faema e98 Compact S1 / LaCimbali for quite a few years, and itís ticking along nicely.

One question Iíve always had though, was whether it is possible to program the coffee delivery measure on this machine. Pushing the coffee cup/start button dispenses 60seconds of water through the filter holder, which is obviously too long, so you always need to manually stop it around 20 seconds or so. Most other machines Iíve used have been programmed for a 30seconds or shorter draw, which is handy if you get distracted!

So, Iím guessing the answer is ďnoĒ but was wondering if anyone knows a way to progapram this on the e98. Other Faema models indicate that you hold the dispensing button in to program the time, but I donít believe this works on the e98. Any thoughts would be appreciated - thanks!

My cimbali jr has sensing rods in the small water chamber. I haven't got the operating diagrams with me, but from memory, the height these are set to effect the shot volume as they sense different water levels.
    Then again I may be totally up the creek.

Page 28 in this document which is in this post.

Java "Try it, you might like it!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    Page 28 in this document
    Yes, I did try that procedure of holding the button down for the required time and then releasing it, but it didnít seem to work on my model. The e98 S1 looks very similar but only has the one coffee measure button, and a Stop button. So either it doesnít have the facility to change the shot measure, or Iím missing something. Thanks for your reply though!