• 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 2 Post By level3ninja
  • 1 Post By EspressoAdventurer
  • 1 Post By EspressoAdventurer

Thread: Wega Polaris: All Buttons flash

Wega Polaris: All Buttons flash

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey there,
    i have a Problem with my wega Polaris and hope you can help me. Yesterday everthing worked fine but then I tried to reprogram the buttons

1. i pushend one cup and one large cup on the right side of the machine and then stop prog. All together. Then i turned the machine on. I thought that would reset all the buttons to reprogram water value.

2. but now everytime i turn on the machine all the buttons flash blue and it doesnt stop.
    I dont know what to do. I hope someone can help

kind regards
    bjrn

According to the manual I just found online what your have done is change all settings back to factory default. Have you tried entering the programming mode again and changing the settings? It might just have done that to alert you it's in factory default?
    Bjoernweigl likes this.

The Problem is I sadly don’t know how to change back to programming Mode. There is a Display in the middle but it only shows „Wega“ on it. ��

To access the programming menu, press the
    (MODE ) button and keep it pressed for at
    least 5 seconds: until the led illumination
    (MODE ), (ENTER ), (+ ), (- );

If you google "wega polaris manual" the first result I see is the manual in PDF form from a website called Seven Miles. Page 53 has the programming.
    matth3wh and Bjoernweigl like this.

Yes i know. It Looks like i am in the program Mode already but i have no Display. And the program Mode should Exit after 10 seconds but it doesnt

There is a Toggle control switch on the far right hand side up under the steam wand.
    Up is Off for operation mode.
    Down is On for program mode.
    Unless this toggle switch is flipped into the On pos'n the machine won't go into programming mode.

Also If it has lost all its programs - Factory Default Mode - you need to start the programming cycle by running / setting (any) one of the program buttons.
    Any duration / volume will do.
    Then comeback & reset this button to your correct setting later after others have been set.

Hope that helps.
    Follow what L3N has posted above...it is spot on.
    matth3wh likes this.

The Problem is i don’t have a Control switch and what l3n says doesnt work

The Problem is i dont have a Control switch and what l3n says doesnt work. I try to Upload a photo

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    If you google "wega polaris manual" the first result I see is the manual in PDF form from a website called Seven Miles. Page 53 has the programming.
    Dose programming for the EVD version without a display is in that manual on page 47. Assuming we are talking about the same model the manual refers to (the newer version of the Polaris with lever taps, sometimes referred to as a Polaris 2015), there is no separate programming switch, and I don't think the machine automatically times out of the programming mode.

I know what you all mean but it doesnt work. I can program the left side but it doesnt stop blinking. The right one doesnt react at all ��

https://youtu.be/uqiJ2Ww_E64

thats the blinking video

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoernweigl View Post
    I know what you all mean but it doesnt work. I can program the left side but it doesnt stop blinking. The right one doesnt react at all *

thats the blinking video
    Have you tried turning the machine off, holding Mode/Enter on the RIGHT group and turning the machine back on?

If this doesnt work you probably have a bad CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoernweigl View Post
    I know what you all mean but it doesnt work. I can program the left side but it doesnt stop blinking. The right one doesnt react at all *

thats the blinking video
    Im assuming you have good water flow from the group if you press the manual switch?

Also As I understand it The right hand group / panel is the control for this family of machines
    sprezzatura likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EspressoAdventurer View Post
    Also As I understand it The right hand group / panel is the control for this family of machines
    This is correct: master is group 2 if its a 2 group and 3 if its a 3 group.