Thread: LaSpaziale Vivaldi II

TC

LaSpaziale Vivaldi II

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    This update on the LaSpaziale Vivaldi *which has just hit town and is now available for sale..

New La Spaziale Vivaldi II Single Group Dual Boiler- plumbed only in black or grey

Improvements are:

Pressure gauge displays pump and boiler pressure

New 4 hole steam tip with great porting for excellent microfoam.

Finer temperature adjustment: The previous model would need to detect a temperature drop of one degree Celsius before the heater would be activated. The NEW Vivaldi II activates the heater with the detection of a temperature drop of just one half degree Celsius. Simply put, it makes the temperature accuracy that much more precise in the group boiler and enhances the steam boilers performance.

Updated temperature sensing probe: The new probe is actually submerged directly into the boilers. This probe has proven to be more reliable than the previous style and has a quicker reaction time.

New LED display: The previous display showed 5 degree increments, from 85 to 120 degrees Celsius. The NEW Vivaldi II displays in 1 degree increments, from 91 to 97 degrees Celsius.

These are well under the price of a Veneziano S1 and for those looking for a plumbed machine, they are a terrific option.

Intoductory pricing at $$$ discount and any grinder at less 10% if you purchase in August ;)

Re: LaSpaziale Vivaldi II

Looks good, 2MCM, I was very very tempted to buy La Spaziale in the past, and came close.

Im glad to see theyve streamlined the temperature "readout" but I still cant understand why they dont go for a direct digtal display of the temperature.

Nonetheles, Ive always been impressed by them.

--Robusto

I quite like the machine except it has 53mm group which Im not sure if thatll do much but sounds not so.... commercial? Also the parts for it since its not so widely available, so might be harder to get? Other then that I think its a great machine. Is there a manual brew button? Whats the boiler button for?

TC

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Kid link=1187052125/0#2 date=1187096161
    I quite like the machine except it has 53mm group which Im not sure if thatll do much but sounds not so.... commercial? Also the parts for it since its not so widely available, so might be harder to get? Other then that I think its a great machine. Is there a manual
    brew button? Whats the boiler button for?
    Funny CK...There are thousands of commercial LaSpaziale machines all around the world. This is a 1 group commercial machine *:-?.

As for the 53mm group, one bonus is that you will never have to worry about chanelling- the baskets are buckets.

Any brew button will start and stop manually and the boiler button is used to set temp.

As for parts, the importer has lots of 2 and 3 group machines in cafes around Australia and plenty of spares to support them...

2mcm

Ohh... Now I know the reason they used 53mm. About the commecial thing, I wasnt acctually talking about LaSpaziale not having commercial machines I was saying how nearly all commercial uses 58mm, so was wondering why they had to be the odd one out and used 53mm. Unique I guess:) hehe.
    Wont be a problem for parts in the future then:)

TC

Yes all- these are commercial and are very keenly priced...

You get:

-twin boiler
    -1deg C temp control
    -rotary pump
    -plenty of change out of $3.5k
    -the opportunity to better know your plumber (when he hooks up underbench filtration and pressure limitation for you) ;)

Nothing I can think of comes close on bang for buck. A rotary pump Minore is not a whole heap less....

For those who have shortlisted this, Ill measure up and get the baskets on Gregs database. Well supply one for $50 with any Vivaldi purchase.

TC

We had the first three on the bench to test and calibrate them on Friday- and two WA owners will be the first in Australia to own this machine and the other one is going to the Talk Coffee showroom *8-)

My observations:

Great thermostability!
    They are well calibrated out of the box
    Comprehensive user manual and really easy to adjust temp and pour
    Huge reserves of high quality steam
    Damn heavy and just adequate packaging *:-/

Ir really is a pretty snazzy machine with RRP of $3.75k and introductory pricing well under $3.5k. This is fantastic when compared to say the $4.5k RRP of a Veneziano A1. I cant think of a twin boiler competitor product under $6k.

Colours are black, grey and a couple of red- all of which match well to a black, red and grey Coffeelab 53mm tampers ;). Im not so crazy about the grey (which is more silver to me)...

If you are prepared to set up for a plumbed in system, you must short-list machine. It may even displace my Veneziano S1 someday....

Chris

TC

For those interested in this machine, we have two great specials for September:

Grab a full commercial, plumbed in dual-boiler machine with incredible temperature stability for not much more than a rotary converted Minore II! The Vivaldi II is receiving rave reviews!

LaSpaziale Vivaldi II and Mazzer mini at $[s]4540[/s] now $3850

LaSpaziale Vivaldi II and LaSpaziale Junior at [s]$4280[/s] now $3400