Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MatonGt

Thread: Office machine $3500 budget - 30 cups / day

Office machine $3500 budget - 30 cups / day

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,
    We currently have a 3.5yr old Saeco Aulika that is on it's last legs (having done 25,000 cups). We've had it serviced quite a few times (inc several times for machine leaking and beans getting stuck in the grinder) with the last time being last week and this morning the machine is again showing an error. Think it's time to decommission the machine and get a new one before the riots start.

Based on the numbers above we average 30 cups (shots?) / day. We have a fridge and milk line for the Aulika but we found people couldn't be trusted to always clean it, resulting in lumpy milk/cheese in the line. We have now all resorted to using the steam wand (which doesn't do a great job - maybe it's us) which is fine (although noisy and slows up the process of others brewing coffee)

Probably like most offices we have only a handful of people actually helping maintain it so the less maintenance required the better. In fact our previous machine (a delonghi) did a better job at stopping the machine being used when cleaning was required (i.e. the drip tray being full).

Two seperate service companies both said we really only have two options for our needs, Saeco Aulika and a Delonghi (not sure on the model). Seems like a really small market, surely there are more options than these?

Budget is roughly $3,500. Want something similar to the Aulika (i.e. all in one machine) that is easy to use and we're happy to stick to using a steaming wand for frothing. Do machines at this end allow for both steaming and brewing concurrently? The Aulika has a dual boiler but doesn't allow for this and the time to use the steam after brewing still seems quite long.

Greatly appreciate any recommendations!

Welcome MatonGT...

I think it would be worth your while to send a request to all the CoffeeSnobs Site Sponsors via the "Quote Form" at the bottom of every page. Those who may be able to assist will get back to you...

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Welcome MatonGT...

I think it would be worth your while to send a request to all the CoffeeSnobs Site Sponsors via the "Quote Form" at the bottom of every page. Those who may be able to assist will get back to you...

Mal.
    Great advice, thanks Mal! Will be sure to post back with how it all goes.
    Dimal likes this.