Thread: La Cimbali M100 versus Elektra Indie

La Cimbali M100 versus Elektra Indie

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am deciding between the Elektra Indie or the La Cimbali M100, would anyone have any feedback on these machines for me please.?

What's your location and application? I've had coffee made on an M100 that was delicious. That is the limit of my experience with these 2 machines.

I am in Rockhampton, Qld. I am mobile and out in the elements so I am wanting a machine that will make life easier for me. I know both machines have an option for an auto milk frother which I need in my situation, the most important thing is a more consistent group head temperature than I have right now with my fracino. The Elektra Indie and La Cimbali M100 have digitally controlled group head temperatures which I really want as well. I like the Elektra because apparently it has a boiler for the steam wands and the group heads but the coffee water doesn't use a boiler because it comesfresh from the mains and is pre-heated through the steam wand boilers from my understanding. We have the worst water here so even though I am using excellent filters I like the idea of water not sitting in the boiler, I think it would help with flavour. I like the auto-frother on the La Cimbali, you can adjust the foam and temperature digitally. I was told you can't adjust the foam on the Elektra with the auto-frother only the temperature. I need 15amp max and these two are the only ones I can find that have the technology I want with 15amps except for Expobar which I have not eliminated yet. I am still learning and getting very confused, I would just get a La Marzocco like everyone else I had a laugh but the minimum is 20 amp and they don't do auto-milk frothers. The other option is an Expobar Diamont with an auto-frother or Expobar are in the process of updating the Ruggero with the digital group head temperature controls, shot timers etc. and they also do an auto milk frother but it has the two wands which I don't really understand but I think it is just heats the milk to the set temperature but does not control the texture. No technicians here know much about brands that are not very popular so maybe an Expobar might be safe but the new ones won't be out for a while to see the exact specs.