Thread: Water flow from shower screen

NJD

Water flow from shower screen

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all . Chasing some opinions that concern the flow of water from the filter when not loaded with coffee. If I have a naked portafilter with pullman 17-19 basket ( empty) fitted and lock it into the brew group then activate the brew lever should I see 1 single stream of water from the centre of the basket??? This is of course with clean shower screen top and bottom which is an IMS 200 competition screen. I would have thought you would have 1 stream but haven't had a machine for long so asking more experienced campaigners for their experiences.

Trying to understand some things going on with the quality of shots and if the machine is holding up its end of the bargain.

Thanks

No you wouldn't expect 1 stream. You should get 1 stream when pulling a shot due to the flow resistance from the puck. With an empty basket it'll just fall out essentially.

What machine do you have, and what are the symptoms you're not happy with?

NJD
    I am having some channelling issues that I have discussed in another thread which is much better than before but I'm just trying to understand what does what within the process thats all. Just curios mind trying to break it down.

Thanks