Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By noidle22
  • 1 Post By Caffeinator

Thread: Jura Z6 coffee machine.

Jura Z6 coffee machine.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Seems the only qualifier for inclusion as an extreme machine is price, reviews are less than stellar, $4000 for an appliance is getting silly.

The blurb claims the grinder brings out 12.2% more aroma (that's pretty precise) "the new Professional Aroma grinder, which it claims brings out 12.2 per cent more aroma."

Love the tasting panel, my wife and my mum.

Full review/sales pitch here https://www.smh.com.au/technology/ho...21-p5166z.html

Less than stellar reviews? 4.5/5 from 205 reviews, seems decent to me....

Also, it's $3790 retail. Most sellers have then for around the $3000 mark. Still expensive, but you are buying a quality product which should last you a long time.

The grinder gimmick isn't anything fancy but the pulse extraction process is (which they failed to mention in the article).

I don't know how they did it but an espresso from a Z6 tastes far superior in comparison to a standard Jura or any other automatic machine I've tasted before and I've pretty much had one from every machine at this point.
    It's not as good as a manually brewed shot obviously, but it's a step up in the automatic machine world that's for sure.
    magnafunk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    Less than stellar reviews? 4.5/5 from 205 reviews.
    Wondering how it might rate if it were given to 205 CS'ers to review?

I can't believe that a so called "journo" would be paid for a few hundred words of utter shite which would have taken all of 5 minutes to bang off.

It reeks of paid advertorial and if it was, they should have come clean on that.
    Dimal likes this.

Yep, looks that way to me also...

Mal.

Meh, not the greatest article admittedly. Probably not an advertorial itself, but Iím guessing that Jura advertise in the Herald and Iím sure the machine wouldíve been provided free of charge. Slightly weird comparing it to Nespresso pods as itís kinda comparing apples and oranges, but then I guess thatís probably what most Australian households have these days so it makes sense in that regard.
    Thereís a market for a machine like this so if Jura are getting better at providing a quality product in this price range then thatís a good thing as itís far better than more pod machines being sold. I guess you could say itís an appliance, but so is a $5000 Smeg fridge and you donít compare that to your $1000 Whirlpool.