• 4 Post By woodhouse
  • 1 Post By noidle22
  • 2 Post By nickrauksts
  • 1 Post By Yelta
  • 1 Post By Andy196

Thread: Profitec Pro 700 with Flow Control

Profitec Pro 700 with Flow Control

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just wanted to share this and get thoughts/opinions? I have been looking at the Lelit Bianca so personally this is quite exciting as I have been a bit worried about quality of Lelit vs ECM/Profitec.
    https://www.wholelattelove.com/colle...h-flow-control

How likely are we to see something like this in OZ in the next 12 months? Looks like ECM is about a month away in the US. They're also working on something similar with Expobar.
    CafeLotta likes this.

Interesting. It reads as if it was part developed by Wholelattelove, but wasn't clear if Profitec is offering it to other distributors. Either way it looks like flow control is coming to the next generation of DB E61 machines. Jetblack (Lelit and Profitec importers are probably the only ones who could say when this might arrive in Aus)
    nickrauksts likes this.

Just another unneeded variable to confuse the hell out of home barista's.

Many cant master a simple E61 machine, what hope when they also have the option of stuffing around with flow rates.

I suspect that for most it will a case of be set and forget.
    simplicity-is-the-ultimate-sophistication-leonardo-da-vinci-6034014.png

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post

Many cant master a simple E61 machine, what hope when they also have the option of stuffing around with flow rates.

True for a lot of people. I think it's great to have an option for those inclined to experiment though, at a pricepoint that isn't too ridiculous.

I would look at an option like this to help future-proof any possible onset of upgradeitis. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we see kits becoming available for most of the popular E61 DB machines anyway.
    DaveD likes this.

Splendid. I really hope this becomes the new industry standard. The quality of black coffees at home will skyrocket once people gain appreciation for techniques like low-flow-preinfusion and declining flow rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post

Yelta, could well be the case. I do think plenty like having a play with a paddle on the front, far more than the number who would put the effort in with something like a Decent. If you were buying a E61 DB, why wouldn't you get flow control if the price difference was small?

It appears as though it's a custom valve attached to a standard E61 group. If that is the case, it could be retrofitted to any machine with a Faema E61 on it which would certainly be a cool upgrade for people looking to move into the flow profiling world.
    nickrauksts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by noidle22 View Post
    It appears as though it's a custom valve attached to a standard E61 group. If that is the case, it could be retrofitted to any machine with a Faema E61 on it which would certainly be a cool upgrade for people looking to move into the flow profiling world.
    Hopefully that's the case. Would be a great add-on for people looking to get a bit more out of their machine but don't want to get something like the Decent or spend even bigger bucks on a GS3, Slayer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by woodhouse View Post
    Splendid. I really hope this becomes the new industry standard. The quality of black coffees at home will skyrocket once people gain appreciation for techniques like low-flow-preinfusion and declining flow rate.
    And at the end of the day if people are not interested they can still pull a standard shot
    woodhouse and 338 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 338 View Post
    Yelta, could well be the case. I do think plenty like having a play with a paddle on the front, far more than the number who would put the effort in with something like a Decent. If you were buying a E61 DB, why wouldn't you get flow control if the price difference was small?
    Not saying don't go for it if that's your desire, I like simplicity, my perception is the flow control adds another layer of complexity to manipulate and maintain.

The less variables to navigate the more successful most people will be, we constantly see questions from people having difficulty coming to terms with grind/dose/tamp another parameter would confuse the issue further.

Good luck to those who feel it will be a benefit to them.
    bosco likes this.

It may not be for everyone but I’m a sucker for accessories and also pushing the envelope and trying new things.
    i’ll definitely be ordering it to try.
    nickrauksts likes this.