Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mattyj73350
  • 1 Post By mattyj73350

Thread: Faema E98 Compact S1 owners thread

Faema E98 Compact S1 owners thread

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Snobbers,

After searching the forum I found little info apart from sporadic posts about issues etc so figured I'd start one. I own a Rocket Giotto V1 and just recently while looking through Gumtree saw an ad for a Faema S1. After some research (thanks Leroy) and going to see inspect it I picked it up for $400!

I started with a descale which resulted in the pump no longer functioning with for almost a day and the orange boiler level light staying on. Eventually after finding the manual on another thread I located the boiler level adjuster screw (labelled the wrong way around in the manual as previously stated in the other thread) and adjusted it counter clockwise with an instant result and probably a must for all owners. It hasn't come back on since, I just keep an eye on the boiler level.

Then ordered bits from Coffee Parts like a new group gasket but found locating the right one difficult and ordered the wrong ones.... So I need to order some more, for info they are 70mm x 53mm x 8mm or whichever thickness you need. I also only got one portafilter and a double spout so ordered a single spout and fitted it.

Pulled apart the collar, shower screen and gasket etc and descaled and scrubbed it all, came up mint! Then used a plastic container strategically placed under the head to descale/soak the remaining head. Pics to follow.

Future mods include a brew pressure gauge somehow (any tips or instructions welcome), some better baskets and other bits and pieces.

All pics will be posted below with a description, please post your pics and any mods/experiences you've had. If you also have an M21 Junior feel free to post, I am lead to believe they are closely related.
    Dimal likes this.

Yeah, when ordering parts for older Faema machines, always pays to talk to Pedro (Coffee Parts) if possible, to ensure you receive the right ones...

Mal.

I had a laugh! Thanks Mal! I ordered a few different bits and so far the steam wand gasket I ordered doesn't fit, the group seals don't fit, basically most it what I ordered.....

It actually quite hard to order parts for this machine, but I'll persist, might have to return some stuff but I'm not sure it's worth paying return post.
    Dimal likes this.