Thread: La Marzocco GS3 MP

La Marzocco GS3 MP

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

Wondering if anyone with an older MP has done the conical valve and manometer upgrade? I think it's around 1k for the parts, and can be installed relatively easily.

Keen to understand if those that have done it, found it worthwhile and relatively straightforward.

Thanks Matt

Hi MattK

I had it done just on 12 months ago by Dan at Specht Design who I had seen post on Instagram about an upgrade he had just done to a GS3 MP. I was due to get a service done anyway so the timing was good and I wouldnít have tried to do it myself.

For me, it has definitely been worthwhile as I run mine off the tank rather than plumbed in. As a result I couldnít previously pre-infuse, so just being able to do that now is great.

Iíve gone through periods of doing longer pours at 6 bar. Now I generally do a pre-infusion, ramp up and then down. Itís great to be able to do that and play around a little from time to time.

Cheers

Phil.

Thanks Phil. Very helpful. Will look into this.

Iíve done the Strada upgrade prior to the conical valves being available. It does exactly the same thing except that the new conical valves has a wider range of operation as I understand it.

I prefer the way that the strada mod keeps the gauge orientated perpendicular to the body at all times as opposed to the conical where it rotates with the paddle.

Would I do it again, yes. Do I still use it, yes. Itís brilliant for the loooooong pre infusions.

Either option has my vote.