Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jackster
  • 1 Post By rroodd
  • 2 Post By artman
  • 2 Post By Javaphile

Thread: La Cimbali Junior, which exact model it is.Can anyone tell me????

La Cimbali Junior, which exact model it is.Can anyone tell me????

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone
    I'm new to the forum and I need help.
    I found this La Cimbali JUNIOR machine on some advert,but I'm not sure whether it is M20 or M21? Can someone identify it exactly and when it is produced?
    I'm not sure whether it is D1 (plumbed version) or S1 (tank version).
    I read on internet that even La Cimbali Junior D models,have vibratory pumps.
    Since I don't have conditions at home to connect the plumbed version to a water inlet,IS IT POSSIBLE for that model (even it has vibratory pump) to use it without problems with external water tank,without Flojet pumps?

Thank you in advance

P.S.(How can I upload the pics from that espresso machine?I can't see any option for that here?)

I managed to upload the pics of the La Cimbali Junior.Here it is guys,so if anyone knows more about this model,please give me some more information.

Senior Member WhatEverBeansNecessary's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juno106 View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'm new to the forum and I need help.
    I found this La Cimbali JUNIOR machine on some advert,but I'm not sure whether it is M20 or M21? Can someone identify it exactly and when it is produced?
    I'm not sure whether it is D1 (plumbed version) or S1 (tank version).
    I read on internet that even La Cimbali Junior D models,have vibratory pumps.
    Since I don't have conditions at home to connect the plumbed version to a water inlet,IS IT POSSIBLE for that model (even it has vibratory pump) to use it without problems with external water tank,without Flojet pumps?

Thank you in advance

P.S.(How can I upload the pics from that espresso machine?I can't see any option for that here?)
    I think you need a minimum of 5 posts before you can posts pictures mate.
    Why don't you ask the advertiser/seller if it is the D1 or S1?

I still have't talked to the owner.Just saw it in an advert.I wanted to know more first,and then negotiate.

M21, about 2000 model.

From the one I see with covers off, even if it's plumbed, you could run a syphon and overhead tank to feed it, or maybe a pond pump if you cannot run a overhead tank.

I ran my ice maker fridge for ages on a hand pressurised pesticide sprayer (obviously newly purchased and cleaned)
    Dimal likes this.

Hi Jackster
    Are you sure it is M21 from around 2000? I wrote to Cimbaly and here is their answer that I just received:

"Hello,
    it is a M20 Junior D/1, therefore it must be connected to the water network.

It is the previous edition of the M21 and it was certainly produced before 2000.
    Unfortunately, this machine is out of production and we do not have spare parts.

Have a nice day,
    LaCimbali Facebook Team"

No... Not sure.
    I just googled m21, and M20 and found a machine the same as yours and read the description. Said m21 and dom-2000.

The picture also showed the machine without covers. It has a small reservoir (400ml?) With sensors in the top, and low pressure solenoid and feed piping. It looks to fill this reservoir with mains water, and then draw from this to feed the pump. That's why I suggest that it could be gravity or low pressure fed.

So,even it is M20 or M21/D model,are spare parts easily found for this machine?
    And I have read on internet that this older models ,even if they are plumbed models,most of them have vibratory pums (not rotary). So my question is: Can this machine work without problems ,sucking water from extermal water tank(bottle),without using Flojet pump,with vibratory pump?
    And what should I look for,when I go and see the machine?

Thank you all and sorry for my mistakes, if I made any.I'm from Europe.

See that it works... Heats, steams, pumps, volumetrics work, all buttons work, no leaks.
    The more that works, the less non available parts you will need to find.
    In sure pumps are available or adaptable. No idea about the rest.

Pretty sure most parts are available. I had a pretty crusty one a few years back and didn't have any trouble with the bits I needed. I was never able to get it to run from a tank (tried the gravity feed) so used a flojet.

I loved that machine but after moving on to a bfc "prosumer" machine, I wouldn't go back unless we were entertaining every weekend. It's a steaming beast but I found it ran very hot so needed a lot of taming with cooling flushes etc

Ask the owner for a pic of the name plate/sticker - it's under the the removeable drip tray at the front.
    I have been using my Cimbali Jnr DT/1 ( rotary pump ) for over 18 months now without it being plumbed in to the mains supply - I simply use 20L water jerry can sitting on a shelf slightly above the height of the machine. No issues to date.
    The vibratory pump version would therefore also work perfectly fine like this. I would just make sure there is at least neutral or a slight positive head on suction side, ie. water tank level or just above the machine.
    These machines do tend to run a little hot at the group head - no big problem, just a simple 3 second flush before installing the portafilter to brew.
    magnafunk likes this.

Thank you guys for your help.
    I will go and see the machine first,and try to make some photos of it,and I will post them here,so you can tell me afterwards what you think about it.

These are built like a tank and make ripper shots. I had the Faema E98 A1 version for a while (volumetric rotary pump version). You should be able to get most parts from coffeeparts. They are quite a simple machine.

Check for boiler connections as if they are busted you need to fix by brazing/silver solder or similar which can be a pita if you cant diy (from a cost perspective).

Check if it has a tank, that will tell you if its the plumbed in model. The panels take a minute to remove to give you a good view inside regardless.

Cheers
    Dimal and juno106 like this.

The Cimbalis are designed to stand up the non-stop back-to-back shots and simultaneous steaming use of a cafe setting. As a result if they sit between shots they will require a cooling flush. They are built like tanks and in a home setting will last for decades and still be running when it comes time to pass them onto the next generation.

La Cimbali is pretty good about stocking parts for a long time but many of their internals are simply rebranded industry bog standard parts readily available from any number of sources at prices far cheaper than direct from Cimbali. This is especially true on their electro-mechanical models. These machines are great for tinkerers as they are simple straight-forward devices that are easily repaired. When you get into the electronic models with their proprietary electronics those parts can cost a pretty penny as is the case with pretty much any proprietary part in any industry.

Java "Pets Cimba" phile
    magnafunk and juno106 like this.
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Looks like it's in a bar, and the bottles are nearly all empty. Could be pretty roughly cared for. That stainless has been scrubbed with scourers. Hope you don't want a polished machine

It is too late guys.The owner allready sold the machine to someone else.
    Thank's anyway,to all of you who tried to help me.
    The search for another espresso machine will go on.